Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, September 10, 2018

A day off

Doesn't happen very often but I woke up this morning and it was
dark, windy, and rainy and I just didn't feel like walking this morning
so I took a day off.

After lunch the rain stopped for a while and I went out
and just walked up the lane that runs along side Happy Trails.
The land on the right of the lane is ours.
To the right is the driveway up to the cabin.
The family who came to view our house for sale on Saturday,
the realtor said were VERY interested but we haven't gotten a
contract yet.
Yesterday we had another viewing and though they liked the house
and yard, they wanted a newer house.

 After stepping away from the blue gingham pattern baby blanket
that I'm working on for a day, it now does look a gingham pattern.
Sometimes working on something I'm too close to it and can't
see it properly.  Leaving it and coming back I see it differently.
Guess that sounds a bit strange.
Anyway I made a few more squares this afternoon and will
make some more later this evening.

Saw a few deer in the back yard.  So cool to just look out the window
and see deer roaming around.

Now that I've used the new wall oven for a while
I'm liking it as much as I thought I would.
So nice not having to bend down putting things in and taking things out.
 The oven does seem to take a long time to preheat but then it takes
the shorter cooking times in recipes.

Reading the comments from the day I posted the picture of the
bear and cubs, it seems some of you thought they were real.
They are just wooden cut outs in someones back yard.
😊

A happy day to you.
Life is Good
happyone  💕

"It's a funny thing about life,
once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for,
your begin to lose sight of the things that you lack."
~ Germany Kent

15 comments:

Tom said...

...good for you!

Vee said...

Read the first sentence and it didn’t compute. Had to read it again. Now I looked at that bear and cubs photo and even enlarged it. I could swear that the mama bear’s coat looked hairy. 😁 You got me good!

Ivy Green said...

I hope your bears stay "cut out." My friend's bear has gotten increasingly intrusive. It climbed the side of her house and left a muddy paw print on a second floor window.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

I'm surprised. I was one of the ones who thought they were real!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those lanes look so picturesque.

doodles n daydreams said...

I have just been having a catch up of your posts. You seem to be settling in to your new home now, it looks really lovely and tranquil. Your new walking route looks lovely as well, different things to see and do :)
Diana

Anonymous said...

When you least expect it someone will pop up wanting it :-)

Granny Marigold said...

The bear cut-outs had me fooled too.
Hope the latest viewers want your place. It would be so nice to sell it before winter sets in.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Nope ... you're wrong, Happyone. Those bears are real. I checked your last post again and looked at the picture. The bears have moved from the last time I saw the photo. Wooden cut out do not move.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, you are in a pretty area. It is good to take a break. I hope you get a contract soon. Have a happy day!

Dianna said...

Such a beautiful area you have for your walks now, Karen. I feel the same way about crocheting projects that I do. If I work on it continually it isn't nearly as pretty as if I put it down for a while and come back to it.

R's Rue said...

Love.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful..I Love wild flowers...so delicate looking..

Debby Ray said...

Everyone needs a day off every now and then. What a very peaceful lane you live on.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely photographs.
Keeping positive thoughts for the sale of your house.

All the best Jan