Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Afternoon reading

Left this morning at 6:50 and it was 59 degrees and cloudy.
A couple of times I felt some light misty drizzle.

I leave the house out through the garage and this morning when
I opened the door there was a little toad sitting there by the door.
A little way down from my house the deer were all over the place.
Deer were crossing the street, some eating apples at the apple tree,
and some walking down the street.
They all ran away but got a not so great picture of the last three
before they too disappeared off into the woods and corn field.
Another day of walking the 5.2 mile Hilly Loop.
 I've started taking my walking stick with me on my walks now.
My son David made it for me a number of years ago.

An uneventful walk but a nice quiet peaceful one.
🦌     🦌
Inside this morning just doing routine things around the house.
Ken was outside again working (playing) on his tractor moving mud around. 😊

Spent a good part of the afternoon reading Bloodsworth by Tim Junkin.
It's a true story about Kirk Bloodsworth who is charged with the
rape and murder of a 9 year old girl and is sentenced to death.
He really is innocent though and is the first death row
inmate to be proven innocent by DNA evidence.
Amazing how he ever was found guilty in the first place on such
weak evidence.  There was NO physical evidence.
 It's hard to put the book down and I
will finished the last 50 pages later tonight.

Posting a little earlier than usual.
Leaving for church early and stopping in at Lowe's
and then pick up a bite to eat before church.
 
 A happy day to you.
Life is Good
happyone 💕

"Were there no God, we would be in this glorious world
with grateful hearts and no to thank."
~ Christina Rossetti

17 comments:

Ivy Green said...

I complimented your exquisite walking stick last time. Your son will be happy to know you're using it. Might come in handy if you encounter another dog (hope you don't).

William Kendall said...

Deer of course can be counted on to be quite skittish.

Tom said...

...deer all over the place, I guess you won't be growing hostas!

Kerin said...

Looks like another lovely day for a walk.

Enjoy your evening.

~K.

Adam said...

One of the reasons I'm against the death penalty. If the system allows even one innocent to be put to death, it's too much.

Granny Marigold said...

That book you were reading must be quite the page-turner. By now you've probably read those last 50 pages. Hope it ends well.

Vee said...

I don’t know if I could read that book...sounds intense. The deer have lots of yummy food right now...corn and apples. How cool that your son made you your walking stick.

John M said...

Sounds like a nice quiet day.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Walking close to a stream like that must be wonderful.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Deer AND toad? Well, at least the deer are great fun.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty photo, love the deer. Sounds like a nice day. Enjoy your Thursday!

Melanie said...

How wonderful to see deer on your walks! What lovely walks you take. I used to enjoy walking with you as you went to the library and around town. These nature walks are just special!

happyone said...

You got that right! : )

Leslie said...

Looks like another beautiful walk. I love that your son made you a walking stick. : )
I have heard of Bloodsworth, very sad for him.

Anonymous said...

Left you something on my blog ;-)
https://myfaithisoverflowing.blogspot.com/2018/09/made-for-happy-one.html

Lowcarb team member said...

You do have some great walks, and great to see those deer.

All the best Jan

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

You live n some beautiful countryside! I enjoy your photos! Lisa :0)