Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, September 07, 2018

Bear

62 degrees this morning and cloudy, didn't see the sun at all.
Walked to town and back today.
On the way there snapped this picture of a few deer.
Sorry about the not so clear picture.
There are 5 deer but you will probably only be able to see 3
in the picture.  2 right in the garden, 1 on the driveway to the left, and
there are 2 more by the shed.
 This is what is left of the big old house in town that those two people
 were taking down.
Just a big pile of stones left.
Walked once around the ball park.
Passed the post office and dropped a Netflix down the mail slot,
and then around the cemetery at the top of the hill.
That hill now seems just like a bump in the road after walking
up all those steep hills.
 Then headed back home for a total of 6.3 miles.
๐Ÿป     ๐Ÿป
Last evening just after 7:00 I walked into the bedroom, looked out of
the window and spotted a bear walking past the window.  
Yelled for Ken to "come look at the bear."
He/She was a medium sized one and looked nice and healthy with a shiny black coat.
It was so exciting to see it right next to the house.
The bear walked up to the fire barrel out back and stood up to 
look inside.  
We opened the window and the bear looked over at us.
I made a noise and it took off running up in the woods.
Didn't take any pictures because didn't want to miss looking at the bear.

This morning I went out back to see if I could find any bear tracts.
Only found this one.  It is a tiny bit bigger than my spread out hand.
๐Ÿป     ๐Ÿป
We have a wood shop that is up near the cabin at Happy Trails but
it has lots of junk in it too.  It's a quarter of a mile away from the house
and we decided one of these days we will move it closer to the house
So for now we started cleaning it out.
I am happy to say that we are getting rid of most of the stuff in it.
Threw away a lot and the good stuff we are going to bring to an auction.
 It will be nice when it is just a wood shop again.

I told Ken that whatever else he finds hidden away in boxes not to tell
me about but just get rid of it.  If I don't even know I have it I won't miss it.

With all the sun and rain we've been getting I had to mow the lawn
again today down at the old house.

I made roasted potatoes for supper to go along with the chicken
and beans.   I use rosemary in the roasted potatoes and it was
so nice to just reach up to the window sill and pick it fresh.

We had another storm come through this evening again.

So that's been my day.
Hope yours was a good one and you found your joy today.
Life is Good
happyone  ๐Ÿ’•

"He who is not contented with what he has, 
would not be contented with what he would like to have."
~ Socrates

14 comments:

Joyful said...

Sounds like a great day viewing wildlife, getting rid of stuff and cooking a nice meal. I can spot 5 deer. Two are standing in front of what looks like a shed. Have a wonderful weekend.

Granny Marigold said...

I would say that bear was a bit too close for comfort, at least it would be for MY comfort. Good thing he didn't find anything to eat at the barrel or he'd be back for more.

Tom said...

...I've heard reports of bear sightings at my mountain cabin, I've never seen one and that's OK with me.

Leslie said...

Wow! I can't even imagine seeing a bear from my window. The deer are so beautiful ~ Such gentle creatures.
Your dinner sounds good. I roasted potatoes and carrots with rosemary tonight also. I just tossed it all around in olive oil, put them in a covered baking dish and popped it on the grill. Turned out great!!!
Have a great weekend!

Ivy Green said...

I've seen a bear up close at my friend's cabin in PA. There was only a sliding screen door between me and the bear. I can't say I felt good about that.

Sandi said...

A bear!

Lisa said...

YIKES! Be careful. Takes some little fire crakers with you when you go outside to work in the yard or on a walk. I heard if you lite one and throw it when you feel threatned, It will make them run.
Lisa

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wow ... a bear by your window ... That would not happen in the UK.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I would love seeing the deer and the bear. Awesome sightings. I heard they spook easily! Enjoy your day and weekend!

Kerin said...

Those deer better watch out, with a bear around and all.
I would love to see a bear, but I would also be a bit scared.

Rosemary on roasted potatoes is a heavenly flavor combination :)
Enjoy your weekend .

~Smiles
~K.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How amazing to see the bear and a good pic of the track! Your potatoes do sound good with the rosemary! Happy weekend!

ellen b. said...

Wow! A bear! Do you carry bear spray when you walk? I know when I start unpacking I'm going to wonder why in the world I packed some things instead of getting rid of things!! Sounds like you had a good productive day!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh wow! You had better be careful when walking if there is a bear around.

Lowcarb team member said...

Deers and a bear … Goodness!

Rosemary is a lovely herb to use in cooking.

All the best Jan