Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, September 08, 2018

A viewing

62 degrees this morning and cloudy when I headed out the door 
on my walk and there was a light drizzle once in while.
Only bears I saw today were these.
Quite a few mentioned being afraid of bears in comments yesterday.
We have black bears here and you should be cautious but don't have to be afraid.
If you happen to see one and they see you they just go off in another 
direction.  I'm sure they have seen me walking around but I just haven't seen them.
If you make a loud noise they will run away.

This morning I walked to town and back.
At the beginning of town is where the two cemeteries are and I walked
once around one of them and twice around the other.
Each road here leads to one of the cemeteries.
 Didn't see anyone else out and only a few cars passed by.
Thankfully no dogs roaming the streets.
Not even any deer were around this morning and that is very rare.
I'm pretty sure a saw a mink run across the road.

Walked 5.7 miles
🌾     🌾
Rained on and off all day so we had a day inside.
I got some cleaning done.  Amazing how fast a clean new house gets dirty.

Worked on the baby blanket.
Going for a gingham pattern and though my pattern is pretty,
I don't think it looks quite like gingham.
I'm half finished with it.  Will post a picture when I'm finished and
will be curious to know what you all think.

We were pleasantly surprised to get a phone call this morning
from a realtor saying they would be showing the house to a family.
Now just waiting to hear back.
This is only the second viewing since its been for sale.

Hope you found the joy in your day.
Life is Good
happyone  💕

"Wealth consists not in having great possessions,
but in having few wants."
~ Epictetus

24 comments:

Sandi said...

I was going to say those look like wooden cut-outs...oh, they are! :-)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sure hope this family wants your lovely house.

Lowcarb team member said...

Wouldn't it be good if the family wanted your house …
Enjoy your weekend.

All the best Jan

Michelle said...

A clean house only stays that way for a short time around here.

CountryMum said...

I can't imagine seeing bears on a morning walk and not being alarmed!

Tom said...

...I see a lot of 'these bears.'

Happy@Home said...

I hope your viewing today will be a success. Our house went on the market yesterday and we had two showings today. Our realtor said it is common to have interest when it first hits the market so we will see what happens as time goes on.
Yikes to the bears on your walks. I will take your word for it on being calm, but if I came face to face with one while walking I would probably freak out a bit :).

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Good luck with the sale of the house. Hope it happens soon so you can give all your attention to your new life.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME lol bit Id rather have the deer lol

Granny Marigold said...

It rained here today as well, a most welcome rain. I managed to get my walk in before it started then like you I stayed indoors and did various small chores. A pleasant day.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The bears look peaceful enough; but a mother with cubs can be dangerous.

God bless.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Leslie said...

Good luck with the showing! Your town looks so beautiful and the bears, I would be afraid, but they are stunning to see. Have a great sunday.

bettyC said...

Bears are fine. But look out for dogs.
I’m just the opposite

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love the bear cut outs. I think the dogs running free could be more dangerous than a bear. I love that quote, it is so true. Good luck with the showing! Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and have a great new week!

Kerin said...

Cute bear cut outs!

Enjoy your weekend, and best of luck with the showing!

~K.

Adam said...

Even though that's a driveway, I'd call that a real "fork' in the road.

Debby Ray said...

Oh wow...what a great capture of the mama bear and her cubs! I don't think I would be too afraid, myself. I love the way the wide roads split like that...so cool!

Ruta M. said...

I had to look twice at the cut outs. Exciting to see a bear but I'm not sure how clam I'd be if one was walking around near the house. Good luck with the house sale.

Inger said...

I love the bear photo. Coming too close to a mama bear accidentally could be dangerous, of course, but, as you say, they probably know you are out there walking and meaning no harm. I haven't seen any here since the five-year drought and since my neighbors gave up on their bee hives. They used to flip my trash cans, so I guess it's just as well. I've never seen a mink.

Retired Knitter said...

I am guessing that your low viewing rate for the house is due to the rural small town you live in. It may not be everyone's cup of tea. I would love it but our personal needs for my disabled husband would not work out in your area. I know the Realestate turn around in our area is very fast. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. A family sounds like an ideal buyer for such a lovely area and your big yard.

Vee said...

There isn’t any animal much more dangerous than a mother bear. I know that you’ll be cautious, but I wish that she would move on to another county. 😳 Fabulous photo capture.

Oh a family would be so nice for your former home. Praying for the perfect buyer and sooner rather than later.

Ida said...

You know at first glance they look like "real" bears. I'm not sure I'd want to meet the real variety but those cut-out ones look pretty harmless.

ellen b. said...

Glad you have a handle on those bears and that they mind their own business! That's a great shot of the family...