Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

A dry day and my front yard project

A dry walk this morning which was nice for a change.
62 degrees with a mix of sun and clouds.
 Also no dogs today. 😊

Nice walking along this brook listening to the water running
over the rocks.  
Walked into town again this morning because I had to mail a letter
so went to the post office first.
Then over to the ball park and walked that loop once.
Next went to the cemetery up the hill and walked around there
a time too.
By then I had walked just over 4 miles so headed back home for a total
of 6.2 miles.

Lisa was running down the hill as I was walking up the hill on
opposite sides of the street.   
I crossed over to say hi and she told me last evening
she became a grandmother.  
Mother and baby doing fine - Amelia Jo is the babby's name.
🍃     🍂     
These next three pictures are of my front yard.
My project is to clear it of all the dead fall and
cut down all the thin little spindly trees.


 At the road there are bushes and vines that we will keep that way
and I think I'll put some of the dead fall there too to make a natural fence.
When I'm done I'll take pictures again.

It was still too wet at the old house to cut the grass so I stayed
here and worked on my front yard project this afternoon.

When I got tired of doing that I sat on the porch
and read.  I'm reading The House of the Seven Gables
by Nathaniel Hawthorne.

It's been a good day.
Life is Good
A happy day to you.
happyone  💕

"If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room,
I would not fear a million enemies.
Yet distance makes no difference.
He is praying for me."
~ Robert M McCheyne

11 comments:

Carol W. said...

Amen to Mr. McCheyne's thought! Blessings to you and your husband!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh,I do like that last quote., It is so true.

William Kendall said...

Amelia is a good name.

I love the light in that first shot.

Tom said...

...what a way to start your day!

Granny Marigold said...

I love that first picture.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That first photo is really wonderful.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, sounds like a nice walk. Pretty photos. Enjoy your day!

Debby Ray said...

That. First. Photo! WOW! I love the look of natural landscaping...that's pretty much what you do when you live in the woods, right? Have a great day!

Vee said...

Oh! Happy One’s Hedgerow! ☺️ That first photo looks like a painting by one of the great masters...Rembrant or someone...incredible landscape.

Adam said...

I read his Scarlet Letter book, hated it.

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh my, that first photograph is just lovely.

All the best Jan