Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

A layered sky

Woke up to another rainy morning but this time I got up and went out walking
first thing.  Wore my rain pants, slicker, and took my umbrella as well.
Walked to town and to the old house.
Can't believe I ran into that dog again.  
I've never had so much trouble with dogs now than all the other years
I've been walking.
A lady came out of her house when she heard the dog barking to 
help me and the dog ran away.  
Sure was nice of her and I am thankful.

It was 63 degrees and I was very warm in my pants and slicker,
so ended up taking my slicker off and got wet anyway.
Don't know it I got more wet from the rain or sweating.

When I got home I realized that I didn't take any pictures.
Walked 5.7 miles
🌧     🌧
This picture I took yesterday late in the afternoon from the
front porch.  It is like three skies in one.
Black clouds, white clouds and blue sky.
Those dark clouds brought quite a lot of rain with them.
I had an at home day today.
Got a few things done around the house.
Went through a bunch of papers and got them all filed away
and also got rid of a bunch too.

Made a few weave-it squares for the next baby blanket
while sitting on the porch and also read a while.

It was so nice to see the sun came out in the afternoon.
Couldn't mow the lawn however because the lawn is a bit soggy.
Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny so I will probably get the lawn mowed then.

By the way I didn't chew all that gum to make the wrapper chain.
I had everyone I knew saving wrappers for me and also found lots of
wrappers on the ground as litter.

Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone  💕

"When you finally go back to your old hometown,
you find it wasn't the old home you missed
but your childhood."
~ Sam Ewing

11 comments:

William Kendall said...

Quite a sky!

Tom said...

...you sure have a view!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is an interesting sky.

Angie said...

Love the shot of the sky … I never even wondered where you got all the wrappers - good question and I like the answer that you picked up litter - good for you!

Joyful said...

Love the sky. I have been getting rid of some papers over the weekend too. It sure feels good but I've got plenty more. I'm glad the lady came out to help you with the dog. Some of them are very friendly dogs but others can be very mean.

Adam said...

I suppose that rain was the last fleeting moments of Florence.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful picture.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, lovely sky and pretty view from your porch. It was nice of the lady to help you with the dog! Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

Kerin said...

Another beautiful picture .
Thanks for sharing with us.

Have a happy day.
~K.

Grandma C said...

I love your layerd sky. That is a beautiful shade of blue.

Lowcarb team member said...

A beautiful sky :)

All the best Jan