Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Mailbox

Another dry morning for my walk and the temperatures was 59.
As I got to end of my driveway I saw a raccoon run into the culvert pipe
followed by a second one.  They came out the other end and ran up a tree.
Stared at me while I took a picture (didn't come out - too dark)
and then we all continued on our way.

Didn't walk the Hilly Loop or go into town - not enough time to do either
because had to go out this morning.
Walked up the first hill in the loop and then turned around
and came part way back home.
About a dozen deer ran across the road and ran up this grassy road.
Walked to the main road, turned around back toward home.
Last leg of my walk I walked up the lane a ways and finally back home.
Walked 4 miles
🍄     🍄
Ken has been doing some outside work at our church and since today was 
Baby Blanket day I rode along with him.
There were 10 of us there working.  Mandy brought breakfast this
time and she brought her famous home made donuts.
Helen gave the devotional which was about Grace.

Afterward I helped Ken do a few things and then on the way home
he dropped my off at the old house so I could finally mow the lawn.
Glad to have that chore done.

The other day the mailbox post got painted and today the final
touch was put on which was the red post cap.
So another day winds down.  They sure do go by fast.

A happy day to you.
Life is Good
happyone  💕

"Forgiveness does not change the past,
but it does enlarge the future."
~ Paul Boese

18 comments:

Tom said...

...most days it isn't worth walking out to the mailbox, it has junk!

William Kendall said...

It looks like you had just the right amount of mist.

Ruth Hiebert said...

As usual,I love your pictures.The one with the fence in it is especially lovely.

Granny Marigold said...

The days do go by so fast. Sometimes in the evening I wonder where the day went and what DID I do all day.

Adam said...

I call those posts "the long stretch"

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I'm confused. Why such a big difference in numbers on the mail boxes? Is your neighbour 613?

We don't have mailboxes in the UK. The postman delivers to your door through a letter opening in the door. Do your mailboxes have locks? How does the postman open each mailbox? Or are mailboxes left open? How about security?

God bless.

Kerin said...

The fence lined lane is very pretty.
Happy for you to have the mailbox up; checking one more thing off the list :)

Have a great weekend.
~K.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty views and photos. Most of our mail is junk mail. It goes right into the recycle box. Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend!

Vee said...

Oh I like Victor’s question and can’t wait to read your response. 😉

You might live in the prettiest country area in the country. My countryside does not look nearly so lovely.

Now be honest, didn’t you enjoy mowing the lawn a wee bit?

happyone said...

I have no idea why the big difference in numbers, it seems to be different in different areas.
No, the mailboxes do not have locks and the letter carrier (postman) opens the door and puts the mail in the box.
If people are concerned about security they can get a box (which costs money) down at the post office which does have a key and you can pick your mail up there.
Different in the city where the mail is delivered to your door.
Hope that makes you a less confused. : )

happyone said...

Yes, it was fun driving that Zero Turn mower around. I'd race the neighbors to see if I could finish before they did. I usually won!

Pom Pom said...

Hi Karen! The mailbox looks so good! I hope you get lots of happy mail.

Ivy Green said...

Thank you for clarification. I thought they were both yours. lol.

lil red hen said...

I love reading your posts! Your walks are wonderful; they make me wish for a pretty place to walk. Most of all, I'm so impressed with your title, "the happy one". I think staying busy keeps a mind in a happy place.

happyone said...

My first mail came today and it was happy mail. It was a gift from a friend. 😊

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you for your explanation. In the UK, it is enshrined in a Parliamentary Act (i.e. it is the law), that the Royal Mail delivers all post to the door. Regardless where you live; e.g. on the nth floor of a block of apartments or in a remote farm in Scotland or Wales; the postman has to go up to your apartment, or right up to your house on a farm and deliver there. "Garden gate" deliveries, (i.e. boxes like yours by the street) have been considered in the past but not progressed. Mostly because of the legal requirement on deliveries.

God bless.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

We also have the facility of having a box at the Post office where we go and collect our mail there if we want. We have to pay for this. The facility is used mostly by businesses. There is no point for an individual to do so since he gets his mail delivered at home anyway. Unless of course he wants some sort of anonymity; in which his address would be: John Smith, P.O. Box 29, LONDON

There was a time when the law also stated by which time the letters would be delivered to your door each morning. This has been relaxed over the years.

God bless.

Lowcarb team member said...

I always enjoy seeing your photographs on all of your post …
My favourite today is the one with the fence.

All the best Jan