Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, August 02, 2018

Walking in the rain

 Left the house this morning a bit later than usual at 6:45.
It was 63 degrees and was a rainy walk.
Didn't bother to take my umbrella because it was warm and
knew the rain would feel nice and cool.
Drizzly the first couple of miles,
rained harder the next two,
and drizzly again the last two.
Walked all over town and both cemeteries and the ball park loop.
As expected didn't see anyone else out in the rain.

All the geese were on the water today.
Oh no, look what I spotted this morning.
Only one but still.....
It is really quite nice walking in the rain.
Walked 6 miles
๐ŸŒง     ๐ŸŒง     ๐ŸŒง
Got the usual morning chores done around the house.
Mid morning the rain stopped and it got brighter and the sun
tried hard to break through the clouds and did for a minute or so
now and then but that was all.

After lunch I got some more weeding done out front and just
about finished the one garden.
I quit before I finished because the bees wouldn't leave me alone
and did NOT want to get stung again!

Back in the house I read
and didn't do much of anything else.

Hope you had a good day and you smiled often.
Life is Good
happyone  ๐ŸŽˆ

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others.
If you have that awareness,
you have good manners,
no matter which fork you use."
~ Emily Post

13 comments:

Dianna said...

Loved the picture of the geese on the water. We had rain all night here and then off and on throughout the day.

I was thinking about the corn and how it has a sound all its own. I remembered that my father-in-law used to say that if you listened carefully you could hear the corn growing. :)

I hope you have a pleasant evening...love the Emily Post quote.

Lowcarb team member said...

We need more rain …
I too like the picture of the geese on the water.

All the best Jan

Kerin said...

Lucky you.. having rain showers!
Loved seeing that lone Autumn leave; beautiful.

Have a lovely evening.
~K.

Tom said...

...right about now, a walk in the rain sound wonderful.

Ruth Hiebert said...

As pretty as that leaf is, it speaks of fall and it feels like summer has barely begun.

Granny Marigold said...

I like the first picture, with the misty hills in the background. I'm looking forward to walking in rain again.

Joyful said...

I love that shot with the view of hills. Beautiful in the mist. I was expecting rain today too but it was quite warm this morning and early afternoon with sunny skies. I'm looking out now and it is quite cloudy so it will likely rain tonight or tomorrow. I'll be happy for the earth to get a good soak.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty views from your walk. I like the pond and geese. I have been seeing some colorful leaves now too. More rain today, I hope we see some sunshine this weekend.
Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Inger said...

The rain looks heavenly! It will be months beofe I see any here. And what a lot of geese!

Sue said...

OH! I do enjoy walking in a warm rain, your photos, especially the geese are stunning.
Thank you for your prayers, I am now home and all is well! God is so faithful!
Blessings,
Sue

Henny Penny said...

It looks so pretty there! I started to take a picture of all the yellow Poplar leaves that have fallen out here in the dirt road, but never did. Sure looks like the beginnings of fall...and leaf raking, doesn't it. :)

Lisa said...

I like to walk in the rain in the summer as long as there is no lighting around. But when we walk in the rain, we are approached several times by neighbors wanting to take us home. They do not understand that we are enjoying the shower.
Lisa

happyone said...

That used to happen to me too, but everyone knows not to ask anymore and just gives me a wave. : )