Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, August 01, 2018

Three colors

A cloudy morning when I started walking and 65 degrees.
Walked the Farm Loop.
Lisa was running the Farm Loop in the opposite direction I was. 
I saw a couple walking part of the loop.  
They walk every day but I only see them once in a while
because they usually go earlier than me.

Half way around the loop I felt the first rain drops and another
mile a light drizzle started.
It was welcomed because I was getting a bit warm and that cooled me off.

Noticed that the corn stalks are getting ears.  🌽
Most of the corn around here is grown for feed.
Have you ever listened to rain drops on growing corn?
I love that sound and also to hear the wind blow through the corn.
Has a sound all its own.

When I got back in town the rain stopped for a little while and 
I walked a couple of miles around town.
About a half mile from home it started raining again.

Walked 6 miles
🌽     🌽     🌽
 Ken went up to the house to install the towel racks and TP holders
that we bought yesterday and to put up the back splash in the kitchen.

I got some weeding done at home.
1 1/2 hours in the morning between rain showers.
After lunch I got another 1 1/2 hours of weeding done
before it rained again.
Weeds came up pretty easy with all the rain.
Some of the sticker weeds were pretty tall.
Will try to finish the rest of the weeding tomorrow.

 Had a bit of fun with the nail polish I bought yesterday.
Three nails of pink and one blue and one white.
My right hand is the same.
Kind of hard taking a picture with one hand.

Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone  💕

 "Your life may be the only Bible some people read.
~ unknown

15 comments:

Dianna said...

I like those same sounds around the corn. It really does have a sound of its own. I am getting excited to see your new home once you get moved in and settled. I know the pictures will be beautiful!

Terra said...

Your nail polish combo is fun; would be cute for the Fourth of July in the USA if you change pink for red. I like the undulation of the golden field in that first photo.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The nail polish is pretty.

Sandi said...

"Your life may be the only Bible some people read."

Wow...yes...

Tom said...

...good when you have a hard time deciding!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Love the rain falling on anything. We have been dry here in NE Texas, but did get a good soaker on Monday.

Lisa said...

Your nails look fun! I really do like them!
Lisa

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful photos, Happyone. I like the corn one.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty images, I always love seeing the cattle. We have been having lots of rain lately. Your nails are pretty. Enjoy your day and weekend ahead.

Anonymous said...

Like the description of the beautiful countryside.

Debby Ray said...

I love the sights and sounds of a cornfield too...so peaceful! Your nails are so pretty!

o2bhiking said...

Pretty farm view! Never made sense to me to turn corn into ethanol for gasoline. It takes a lot of fossil fuel to grow corn to turn it into fuel. Like you nails - pretty!

Kerin said...

Beautiful scenery that you enjoy on your walks. Thanks for sharing!
Fun nail polish.. very summery!

Have a happy day.
~K.

Lowcarb team member said...

Those colours look good together, pretty nails.

All the best Jan

Henny Penny said...

You have pretty hands! I like the nail Polish!