Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, August 03, 2018

Another rainy walk

63 degrees this morning and rainy.
It rained the whole time I walked and not just a drizzle.
I was soaking wet by the time I got home and had to peel my clothes off.
Still it was a nice walk.
Rain falling on a crop of soy beans sounds pretty good too. 😊

Started my walk on the roads behind my house,
then through town and around the cemeteries and the ball park loop.

The geese seemed to be having a fine time in the rain.
Some on shore and some on the water.

No people about.
Walked 6 miles
☔️     🌨     ☔️
The two gardens of daisies and cone flowers down on either
side of my driveway and the ones I've been weeding the last couple of days.
We drove down to LaVale again today.
This was the second time this week.
Picked up some new towels at Penny's in the mall.
They were on sale and we got dark gray, blue, and white towels.
We had planned on getting the towels at Kohl's because we had
a 30% off coupon but didn't find any we liked.
Ended up saving more money at Penny's after all.

Also went to Harbor Freight and bought a weed burner.
That should make keeping the weeds at bay easier between all the stones
and gravel than weeding or weed wacking them.

We had a bit of sunshine and late afternoon it rained again.
BLT's for supper and a nice evening at home.

Hope your day was a good one and you smiled often.
Life is Good
happyone  🎈

"He is the happiest, be he king or peasant,
who finds peace in his home."
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

17 comments:

Vee said...

Running off to find out what a weed burner is... I could mow my driveway there are so many grass clumps in it.

Vee said...

Okay. Now I know, Would love to see how this works so am off to You Tube. Be careful with that thing!

Vee said...

Great video...very helpful...looks as if I’ll be heading to Harbor Freight soon.

https://youtu.be/993nkdFshQU

Ruth Hiebert said...

WOW! Those Daisies and Coneflowers are spectacular.

Kerin said...

Your beds look great!
Have you ever tried using Preen to keep the weeds down, or cornmeal? Both sterilize weed seeds.

BLT's sound delish!!

Send some of your rain this way... please :)

Have a great weekend.

p.s. Thanks for the warm welcome back.. you're the best!!

~K.

Tom said...

...I will gladly take any extra rain that you have!

Dianna said...

Sounds like you found some good bargains at Penny's. I'm glad they had the colors that you liked. The colors sound like they will make a nice blend.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Those daisies are wonderful. Great photo.

God bless you.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, we have been having too much rain lately. I love the daisies and coneflowers.
I like BLT's yum. Enjoy your day and weekend!

happyone said...

Yes, I do use Preen but had ran out by the time I got down to those gardens. It works pretty good. Didn't know that corn meal works too. Thanks.

Silver in AZ said...

You are a better person than I. I would not walk in the rain.

Sue said...

We finally got sunshine today, this made me smile, Hope you get some soon. Thank you for your prayers.
Blessings,
Sue

Granny Marigold said...

I've considered getting a weed burner but we don't have enough gravel area to warrant buying one. I do use boiling water to get rid of the more persistent weeds though. I'm not sure exactly what my neighbours think when they see this woman out with a steaming kettle pouring water about.

Adam said...

I haven't gotten new towels in about 2 years, they've held up well so far. But we rarely use the good ones just once before putting in the washer/dryer since they're so thick and absorbent.

CountryMum said...

So much rain you are having... think we need you to blow it over this way... just a little :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh those flowers … they are lovely.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

Love the daisies. Good ole Penny's pulls through again.