Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, August 08, 2018

More gravel

63 degrees and a bit overcast but the there was a little sun too.

I usually have people wave or give me a toot as they drive by
while I'm walking but today there were more than usual.  
With all that waving, I felt like a celebrity.   😊

While walking around the ball park loop I saw a couple walking around
and around the loop who I've never seen before.
We had a brief chat and she said they usually walk around
the track at the school but the track was getting worked on today.

Walked around both cemeteries and down the main road a ways.
Walked 5.5 miles
🐞     🐞
Cut my walk a little short because Kenny was home waiting for me.
Right after breakfast we went to the stone place to get yet
more red gravel.  (we should own stock in the place)
During the day we got 3 loads and spread it all out in the back of
the house.  
Work on the house should be done Friday.
The porch just needs railings and steps.
We are so happy with all the colors and textures we've picked
for the house and it all goes together beautifully.  
At least we think so.  😊

One of  the trips to the stone place we stopped at McDonald's
and picked up a couple of burgers for lunch.
Then we drove down the road to the scenic overlook
and ate our lunch there.  A bit overcast but pretty anyway.
It was a good work day.
Tomorrow I'll take some pictures of the house to post.

Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone  πŸ’•

"My advice to you is not to inquire why or whither,
but just enjoy your ice cream while it's on your plate."
~ Thornton Wilder

18 comments:

Sue said...

Wow! what a workout, walking and all that shoveling, looking forward to the photos of you new home.
I think the folks in your town admire you for your faithfulness in walking, I know I do.
Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Ruth Hiebert said...

That lunch view would make any food taste better.

Tom said...

...gravel, I wish that I had all the money that I spent for gravel over the years!

Granny Marigold said...

You had a great view from the look-out where you ate your lunch.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

If I had a dollar for every little piece of rock you've put in that place...I'd be rich!

ellen b. said...

You two have so much energy! Fabulous!

Carol W. said...

What a wonderful view for a lunch break! You folks are really making good headway on your new home. God bless you both.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful scenery, Happyone.

God bless you and yours always.

Adam said...

Nice sunrise

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty sunrise and love the view from the overlook. Have a happy day!

o2bhiking said...

You live in a pretty part of the world. I'll be heading back more or less up that way in October to hike 30 miles of the Laurel Highlands Trail again.

Lisa said...

Looks like a really nice spot for a picnic.
Lisa

Linda d said...

As long as it is chocolate, I will enjoy. Beautiful spot.

Dianna said...

Oh my goodness...Friday is tomorrow! I'm so excited for you and Ken.

Debby Ray said...

Oh...that view! That would make any lunch taste better. And you ARE the local celebrity, aren't you? :D

Kerin said...

Wow! You've been super busy. Can't wait to see the pics of your house and see how it's all coming together for you.

Lovely view. Great place to eat lunch and take in the scenery.

Smiles :)
~K.

Sandi said...

"My advice to you is not to inquire why or whither,
but just enjoy your ice cream while it's on your plate."

This is simple, but so wise! :)

I remember when it was freezing on your walks. It is warming up!

Lowcarb team member said...

What a beautiful view that is.

All the best Jan