Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, August 20, 2018

A New Walk

Well, it's been pretty busy around the new house the past few days
but things are settling down now.
We've made many trips back and forth between houses.
Still some odds and ends at the old house.

Haven't taken any pictures of the house but will soon.
Thought today I'd take you along a new walk route.
There will be many pictures of what I see along the way but
for today I'm just showing you my route.
Leaving my driveway.
A mile later at the end of my road and I made a right and went up the hill.
After I got to the top there was a nice long hill to walk down that was another mile.
 Turned right and walked along this road that crosses a river.
Walked along the road until I came here and made another left turn.
It took me back over the river
and to the main road
where I turned right and walked up a 2 mile hill.
Then turned in here.  If I kept going up the road it would take me to town.
Back to my road and home to complete a Loop.
This route is only 5.2 miles but it is up and down some pretty steep hills.
I figure it is more of a work out than my usual 6 miles.

This morning it was 58 degrees and cloudy with a bit of a breeze.

Nice to have my computer back and on line.
No time to visit with you all this evening but hoping to catch up with you
tomorrow.

Hope your day was a good one.
Life is Good
happyone  💕

23 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Looks like you will have some beautiful scenery to enjoy on that new route.

Dianna said...

I enjoyed my walk with you. Phew! Those two mile hills would probably have done me in though. :-)

Glad you are in the new house now and will look forward to seeing pictures when you are able to share.

Adam said...

Some miles are tougher than others

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Looking forward to seeing your new home, it really doesn’t seem to have taken too long either. You have such lovely walks around you, so green xx

Carol W. said...

That's quite a hilly walk. You'll surely get your exercise. Hope there's not much traffic on those roads. May you both be richly blessed in your new home!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's quite a nice walk. I am glad it is in a loop so you return back home.

My uncle started walking as an exercise and walked just two miles a day. He started this just over a month ago and now we don't know where he is.

God bless.

M.K. said...

Looks like a very good, energetic walk. Glad you are in the new house!

Lisa said...

Looks like a nice workout. A change of scenery is nice. A road like that in my town would be concidered dangerous because of the way people drive and the meaness around. Stay safe. I just know you will take some photos of that river soon.
Lisa

Tom said...

...new looks good.

Kerin said...

Happy for you to have a new route mapped out. It does look quite hilly.

Have a happy day.

~K.

Sue said...

Looks like a beautiful route for new adventures, I am looking forward to seeing what you see and of how much change you will find. Enjoy your day.
Blessings,
Sue

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's always interesting to take a new route and see something different. Take care and be careful out there! Hugs!

Pom Pom said...

Yay for a new route and many more new routes, I suppose!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your new walking route looks pretty. I think the hills are more of a work out.
Enjoy your day and week ahead!

Melanie said...

What a lovely walk route! The two mile uphill would do me in, I think! Can't wait to see photos of the new home!

Silver in AZ said...

that does look like a steep walk in areas! Is that highway road safe? Be careful!

ellen b. said...

Glad to hear you are almost all moved in. That looks like a good workout walk. Blessings!

Debby Ray said...

Still, a very lovely walk...and it amazes me that there is never any traffic. Even around here in the country, there are so many vehicles. When we move, I will have a great route to walk too...and there is very little traffic where we are going to be living!

Connie said...

I'm sure that it feels great to mix it up and walk a new route. You might feel it in your muscles, up and down hills can make a difference. There were 52 steps to climb at the rodeo to get to our seats and I made 4 round trips the other night before the evening was over. That was very different than by one story house and only about three steps up and down each day, LOL. I thought that I would have sore muscle the next day, but actually didn't feel it at all.
Happy walking.
Connie :)

Inger said...

A dog would be very lucky to come and live with you and go on those walks with you. Say I who am feeling guilty for not taking mine this summer due to heat and smoke.

happyone said...

It's been 11 months. Seems like forever to me : )

happyone said...

Only two cars passed by until I got to the main road and then there were more, but there is hardly any traffic around here. The main road has nice wide shoulders to walk on.

Lowcarb team member said...

I just know you are going to enjoy your new walks.

All the best Jan