Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, August 25, 2018

Home Alone

The sunset last night from the front porch.  
Watching the sun go down from the porch is becoming a daily event.
 Up and out of the house at 6:40 for my morning walk.
55 degrees with sun and clouds.

Walking down to the main road from the house is a bit over a mile.
 No cars passed me but it seemed like Grand Central
Station for deer.  They were all over the place crossing the road
both ways in front of me and some walking down the middle of the road.
I didn't even bother to count them.

The sky wasn't colorful this morning but thought it looked
pretty anyway.
Walked to town and through town, then around the ball park loop
and one of the cemeteries before heading back home.

Only person I saw was Lisa running in the cemetery.

The last half mile trek up the hill is already getting easier.
I still stop and rest at two places but just for a few seconds.

Walked just over 6 miles
🚢🏼‍♀️
Ken left after breakfast and met a bunch of other guys
 at our Pastor's house to help with the shingling of his roof.

It was nice to have the house to myself and go about doing
routine things.  Nice to be settled.

I painted the picnic table this morning.
So nice to sit out on the porch and get some reading done.
Besides my daily Bible reading I haven't read anything for
the last week.

When Ken came home from the roofing job we put the table
on the porch.

After supper we went for a little walk around Happy Trails.
So nice living at Happy Trails.

 Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone  πŸ’•

26 comments:

Vee said...

I was wondering how moving might affect walking and living. Not so many changes, yet some. Enough to keep it interesting. 🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌 😁

Tom said...

...home alone, could be a good movie!

happyone said...

The change will come when it is dark in the morning. It is just too dark here with no street lights to walk so will have to wait until later when it is light. In town there were street lights so it didn't matter all that much. In winter I will probably walk around Happy Trails.

Sandi said...

I like the green table!

Carol W. said...

Beautiful views! Such a blessed place you live at!

Ivy Green said...

Congratulations on your new home. It has been wonderful to follow you on your daily walks and hear about all the beautiful and blessed routines of your and Ken's life. Thank you for sharing it all with us. I know you live in Maryland (my former home state) but I would claim you live in the State of Equanimity. Heaven on Earth!

CountryMum said...

Watching the sun going down from the porch sounds divine. Enjoy!!

Joyful said...

Your sky shots are certainly pretty. I'm glad you are settling into your new home and that you have such a fabulous view to look at every day.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the good information we share. I like your blog very much. It's great and it's so cute and I want to go once.
ΰΈͺัΰΈ•ΰΈ§์

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Deer oh deer oh deer !!!

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty scenes and photos. Love the sky capture. You do live in a lovely area!
Enjoy your day and new week ahead.

Kerin said...

Beautiful sunset. Lucky you to have such a gorgeous view every evening in which to watch those sunsets :)

Have a happy day.

~K.

Lisa said...

You did a great job on that picnic table.!!! Alone time is good sometimes.
Lisa

Silver in AZ said...

sounds like a perfectly lovely day!

Debby Ray said...

I do love my "home alone" time! Great looking table!

happyone said...

Thank you for your kind words. We are truly blessed and so thankful. What part of MD are you from?

Sue said...

Always enjoy my walks with you, and you sharing of your day. I would love to know how many steps you take each day, you are a busy lady.
Blessings,
Sue

Granny Marigold said...

I like the cloud picture. Even with not much colour clouds can be amazing.

Adam said...

I wouldn't mind painting a table like that, I always like giving a piece new life.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That sky is gorgeous, even without a lot of color.

Aritha V. said...

Beautiful skies! And home alone is sometimes a blessing :-)

happyone said...

I average about 16,000 steps a day. On a busy moving day it was over 20,000.

Ida said...

That sunset was lovely. - Wow you really walk quite te walk. How about some photos of the deer? Nice job on the table.

happyone said...

Deer are too fast for me to get a picture. They see me of go bouncing in the woods.

ellen b. said...

Good to hear that you are settling in and enjoying your Happy Trails home! I'm going to have to come up with a name for our new digs.

Lowcarb team member said...

Simply love your first photograph …

All the best Jan