Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, August 31, 2018

Escapees

Another morning with a temperature of 64 degrees.
The sun came out but there were lots of patchy foggy places as well.
Once again walked the 5.2 mile Hilly Loop.

This is the white house next to the barns from the last two
days pictures.  Sometimes when I walk by the man that lives there
is just getting into his truck and he waves to me.  Today though he was already
gone when I passed by.
Coming to the last curve up the final hill to home I was greeted by
these two young ones who had escaped the pasture and were coming down the road.  
There is mama in the pasture.
They turned around and headed back up the hill when I told them they'd better get back home.
One went right away but the other one was a bit more stubborn but 
eventually I got him to get going again and they both made it back.
There is a cattle guard across the road that leads to their home but
I've seen the young ones jump over it.
๐Ÿ„     ๐Ÿ„     ๐Ÿ„
Did a bit of house cleaning.  Since the house is new I'm still enjoying
cleaning it but I'm sure that feeling won't last.
I don't mind cleaning and I like a nice clean house but can't really
say that I enjoy cleaning.

We went over to the old house to get yard work done.
I mowed and Ken did the trimming.  Only took us about an
hour to get it all done.

Ken is making a shelf for the walk in bedroom closet along the opposite wall
that is already done with shelves and bars for hanging clothes.
He got it put together and painted it.  When it dries he is going
to put hooks all along the bottom.

We puttered around the house and yard, sat on the porch for a while
and just enjoyed being up here at Happy Trails.
I said to Ken today,
"This is the last place I want to live.  No more moving.
My next move will be my forever home in Heaven.

Hope your Friday was a good one and you smiled often.
Life is Good
happyone  ๐Ÿ’•

"Let the rays of your heart shine on all who pass by."
~ Terri Guillemets

18 comments:

Tom said...

...I was out on Wednesday and a group of heifers were outside the fence. I hope that the farmer showed up soon. Enjoy the weekend.

ellen b. said...

I guess this is the week for roaming animals! Ha! Glad you are enjoying all aspects of your new home. Blessings!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

I grew up in the wine country in California. One year when the State Government wanted to tighten the belt on the State budget, the State sent out questionnaires to all the counties wanting to know how many Cattle Guards there were in each county and what the average salary was!

Dianna said...

Karen, your views are just magnificent! Makes me want to come live at Happy Trails. :)

Granny Marigold said...

I'm glad your escapees were of the cattle sort. Living as we do a few miles from a penitentiary my first thought was Oh no!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That white house looks lovely. I love those large verandas. I don't enjoy moving and hope that I don't have to for a long time.

Joyful said...

I really love your neighbourhood. It's really beautiful.

Carol W. said...

I agree with you ... my forever home is in heaven! God bless you both.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wishing you great happiness. Have a splendid weekend.

God bless.

Kerin said...

That is a great house!
Thanks so much for sharing the pic with us.

Very happy for you to be in your forever home :)

Have a lovely weekend.
~K.

Adam said...

Cute cows

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the cows. I hope they went back home. Cleaning is not my favorite thing to do. Enjoy your day and weekend!

Debby Ray said...

Amen!

Anonymous said...

LOL Cows in roads. Sounds like here by me rofl.

Blessings from
https://myfaithisoverflowing.blogspot.com/

happyone said...

They did. I herded them there. : )

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Cows in the road makes for an interesting walk! Hope you have a fabulous weekend! Hugs!

Lowcarb team member said...

You have wonderful countryside around you …

All the best Jan

Aritha V. said...

Wow, what an adventure. I would be afraid of that!