Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Basil, Parsly, and Rosemary

The part of the building that is on the left of the picture is the 
big barn from yesterday.
Tomorrow I'll take a picture of the big white house that sits
to the right of this picture.

64 degrees and cloudy this morning at 6:30 when I left on my walk.
It had rained last night so everything was wet but no rain.
By the time I got back home blue sky was making an appearance.

Walked the Hilly Loop again.
The usual deer were about and this time I also saw a bunny.
Herd 6 Cows were all on the other side of the pasture today
and farther up the road I spotted 7 other black cows in another pasture.
Didn't see the skunk but I sure smelled it.
As I was coming up the hill in front of our property on the way home I saw
6 wild turkeys dash into the woods.
Passing by these stone steps leading down to the water reminds me of 
 Ken so I took this picture for him.
With all his stone wall and steps building he can appreciate all the work it takes.
 Walked 5.2 miles
๐Ÿฆƒ     ๐Ÿ‡     ๐Ÿฟ     ๐Ÿ„
Puttered around the house in the morning and then
we went down to the Walmart in La Vale to do our shopping.
Stopped at Wendy's and had lunch.

While in Walmart I found some herbs to put in the box window
in the kitchen.
Basil
Parsley
Rosemary
We ate supper out on the front porch again.
We were supposed to have thunder storms but it ended up being
a nice sunny day.

Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone  ๐Ÿ’•

"Too often we  underestimate the power of a touch,
a smile,
a kind word,
a listening ear,
an honest compliment,
or the smallest act of caring,
all of which have the potential to turn a life around."
~ Leo Buscaglia

20 comments:

Tom said...

...wow, with that guardrail, there's not much of shoulder for walking.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your walks seems to be filled with lots of variety.

Carol W. said...

A lovely little window for herbs ... and a cow! :-) Oh, it would be so nice to have meals on the porch and picnic table! It's still too hot here in Phoenix ... 104° today.

Adam said...

I love the smell of basil

Kerin said...

Looking forward to seeing the house that goes with that wonderful barn.
Oh, the skunks! Yucky! We had one spray this morn in the meadow, while we didn't see him, we sure smelt him! Took me all day with candles going and simmering pot to get rid of the stench.
Guess that will teach me to open the window to let the cool breeze in...LOL!

As for your comment on my post. Yes. I too appreciate having leftovers in the freezer for those days when I don't feel like cooking, or those days that get away from me and leave me no time in which to cook. Tis a blessing on those day, to be sure!

Smiles :)
~K.

ellen b. said...

Great kitchen window. Perfect for herbs.

Happy@Home said...

Great idea to have a little indoor herb garden. The window looks perfect for this. I like the milk bottles and the cow too. Oh, and the view is beautiful.

Vee said...

That is a great window! What a fine collection of barn and outbuildings.

Aritha V. said...

Are you going to put the herbs in your garden later or will they stay in the windowsill? I love herbs. I have sown outside rosemary in a bucket and it is growing slowly. It has survived the heat well.

I really enjoy your blog again. But I think I missed something because of my summer experience. Have you already moved to your new home? :-)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Never seen or been near a skunk. How far does the smell travel?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your plants have a lovely spot. Wonderful shot of the barn. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Debby Ray said...

Now THAT'S a windowsill! :D

happyone said...

No there isn't, but it is only across the bridge and I've yet to come upon a car there.

happyone said...

No, keeping the herbs on the window sill. Makes it easy to use fresh herbs. Besides outside the deer would eat them.
We've been in the new house 2 weeks tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜Š

happyone said...

Didn't know but did a little research. The spray is very accurate and can go 10 feet.
The scent can be detected 3.5 miles down wind by humans.
The spray caused irritation and can cause temporary blindness.

Melanie said...

Pretty window sill! A perfect place to grow herbs.

Leslie said...

Perfect place for your new herbs! love the little cow too.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like Basil, Parsley and Rosemary - that's a good place for your herbs :)

All the best Jan

Aritha V. said...

Good luck there. And beautiful moments!

M.K. said...

I'm enjoying your recent posts from your new home! It seems so peaceful there, and you sound happy.