Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, July 12, 2018

David's Favorite

54 degrees and sunny with no breeze at 6:30 when I left on my walk this morning.
Walked up the hill to the school but instead of turning right
on the road for the Farm Loop I passed it up and walked 2 miles straight up the hill.
Took this picture looking down at the Dairy Farm that I pass by
when walking the Farm Loop. 
No cars passed me on the way up and only 2 on the way down.
A couple more pictures along the way.
Saw a few deer and rabbits.
Waked 5 miles by the time I got back to town and walked around
there for another mile for a total of 6.

The sidewalk workers told me that today would be their last day
working and would be moving on.
Said they would miss seeing me walk by every morning and that
we had a nice little town here.
 🐇     🐄     🐑
Went to my book club meeting this morning.
A dozen people were there and we a good discussion about the latest book,
Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
Everyone liked it and thought it was a page turner.
I'll have to read her other books.

Checked out next months book,
Carnegie's Maid by Marie Benedict.
Also checked out book number 6 in the Outlander series,
A Breath of Snow and Ashes.
A book with 979 pages.
I have a feeling I'll be renewing it a couple of times.

Before I start those books though I have to finished the
The Pact which I started last night.

Not much luck with selling the house.
We've only had the one viewing so we
have reduced the price almost $20,000.
Hope that brings more people to at least look at it.
They don't say Price Reduced any more,
it is now Price Improvement.
Isn't that silly way to put it!?

Ken was up at the new house this afternoon and I stayed home.

David's all time favorite supper since he's been a little boy
is Tuna Casserole.  Made it tonight so asked if he'd like to come for supper.
Didn't have to ask twice!!
I no longer make it with tuna but use chicken instead.
Nice having him close by to be able to see him often.
So many years he's lived far away from us.

That's it for today.
Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone  💕

"When a father gives to his son, both laugh;
when a son gives to his father, both cry."
~ William Shakespeare

10 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

How nice that your son lives close by and comes for his favourite supper!

Pom Pom said...

Have a lovely meal with your son! I loved my mom's tuna casserole. I should ask her to make it when I visit her in August. What recipe do you use? Can you put it on your foodie blog?

Tom said...

...Tuna Casserole is my idea of comfort food.

Adam said...

I imagine the remote location does factor in to the low interest from people.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

A price reduction is a "price improvement" and Tuna Casserole is made without tuna! The world will never be right again...LOL.

Silver in AZ said...

oh my gosh, I haven't had tuna casserole in decades! Yum!

happyone said...

I don't have a recipe written down. Don't measure ingredients and use different kinds of pasta. Made up the recipe years ago when my son was just a little guy. Next time I make it I'll measure ingredients and get it written down and then yes, I'll put it on my recipe blog.

Lisa said...

I Hope you gave the sidewalk workers a plate of your famous cookies!!
Lisa

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your views are beautiful. Price improvement does sound weird. Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend!

happyone said...

No. Didn't want to get too friendly with them. : )