Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, July 07, 2018

Perfect Weather

Ah what a morning!  Perfect walking weather, 
50 degrees, sunny with a slight breeze.
Walked all around the industrial park this morning.
This road runs between the industrial park and the main road.
It is a pretty road to walk up and down with its gently rolling hills.
Walked back to town and then walked up the hill to the school and back.
Stopped for a short chat with Dave, a friend from church who was out
washing his truck and car.
Every Saturday morning he's out washing them.

From there I walked home.
Walked 6 miles
☀️     ☀️     ☀️
 When I stepped outside to hang up the laundry
the critters were quite busy around the yard. 
Grackles, mourning doves, sparrows, and a bluebird
were at the feeders.
A chipmunk was running up the stone wall.
A squirrel was making his way to the bird feeders,
 a couple of rabbits were munching on the weeds in the lawn,
and a robin was taking a bath in the water feature.
The all ran or flew in all directions when they saw me.
 
We spent the day up at the new house.
Ken was working on the path again and I was his helper once in a while.
 I planted more hens and chicks in the stone walls.
Sorted through the building debris and hauled the burnable things
up to the burn pile.  Other garbage I put in bags.

Ken also worked on some grading out back.

The weather was just perfect the whole day.
Sunny and a high of 70.
The new house at Happy Trails is just up around the bend on the left hand side.
It doesn't look like a very steep hill but if you walked up it you would know
that it is pretty steep.
Had a lot of rhubarb here at the house and also up at the new house
that was ready so I'll be making rhubarb cobbler in the next day or so.
Have too much for me to use so I'm giving a bunch also to 
my friend Tricia.  She wanted some to make rhubarb bread.
I might make some of that too.

So that's been my day.
It's been a good and hope yours has been too.
Life is Good
happyone  💕

"We live in a fast-paced society.
Walking slows us down."
~ Robert Sweetgall

16 comments:

Tom said...

...70 sounds mighty comfortable, we going into the hot box again.

Adam said...

I can imagine you see all sorts of critters every day

Dianna said...

I could be quite happy with weather like today everyday! :) It was just such a gorgeous day. I enjoy reading about how things are going up at the new house. I love your idea of planting the hens and chicks in the stone walls. It will be such a natural look. Our rhubarb is ready too. I tried a new recipe...rhubarb custard bars. It was something different and we've enjoyed them.

Carol W. said...

High of 70 sounds a whole heap better than 112 - 114, which is what the past few days have been here in Phoenix (tomorrow will be 110)! Have a great weekend!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Looks and sounds like a beautiful day.

Angie said...

Hens and chicks! My Mom used to grow them and I had quite forgotten about them - hmmm - wonder if I could find a place for them in our garden? Coincidence about rhubarb - I have been really wanting some, so we went to the farmer's market Thursday and bought a huge bunch of stalks. Tonight I made rhubarb pie and it got raves from my in-laws. Yum!!! Hope your weather continues to be so pleasant!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the weather is beautiful for walking. No heat and humidity is wonderful. I am sure the hens and chicks will look pretty there. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day!

Sandi said...

Gorgeous!

Lisa said...

Looks like a peacful walk. Where I live, there is no way I could walk the path of an industrial park or long country road without being abducted. For real. We walk around my neighbood which is a nice friendly place but it would not be unusual for a gang to ride through at any given time. I hope to one day I live in the country again.
Lisa

Silver in AZ said...

what a perfect day! So happy for you!

Debby Ray said...

I think we are getting a taste of this beautiful cooler weather...it can stay just as long as it wants! I do love me some rhubarb but have never had rhubarb bread. Do you happen the have a recipe for this? Love the idea of hens & chicks in the stone wall!

Granny Marigold said...

We're having lovely weather as well. 24C. which would be around 75F... just right.

happyone said...

The recipe for the Rhubarb Bread that I make is on my recipe blog. Scroll down a bit for the link to Karen's Kitchen.

Inger said...

It's so green and pretty where you live. The country road in the last picture is very special.

Connie said...

Rhubarb cobbler, that sounds so good. Wish you would give us your recipe :) I love that you are planting hens and chicks in along the rocks of your path. They will love it, it seems they do best in little crooks and crannies. Most plants like space but they like to be tucked into tight little places :) They are one of my favorite plants.
Have a sweet day.
Connie :)

happyone said...

The recipe is on my recipe blog, Karen's Kitchen. If you scroll down a bit there is a link to it.