Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, July 09, 2018

Blue skies

 Another perfect morning for walking.
54 degrees, sunny and a slight breeze.

Walked up and down the streets in town, both cemeteries,
and the ball park loop.

Saw a couple of deer running away from me in one of the soy bean
fields.  I say run but it looked more like bouncing along like they
had springs on their feet.  Boy they sure can jump high.

The sidewalk workers are back working this week.
They just have a few more sections of sidewalk to replace.
They tell me it will all be done this week.

The man who runs laps around the ball park loop was doing his laps.

Such a pretty morning to be outside.
Walked 6 miles
☀️     🌳     ☀️
When I went outside to hang a load of laundry on the line I 
looked up to see this beautiful blue sky against the green trees.
This morning I made a Rhubarb Cobbler with the rhubarb from my garden.
 I have pretty good will power when it comes to eating, 
 but not so with rhubarb cobbler.
I barely waited until it cooled enough for me to taste some of it.
I'll be having more of it for my snack later this evening.

 Ken went up to the new house this afternoon but I stayed home
and got some reading done.

We went to Brenda's for pizza but David couldn't make it this week
because he had to work.

Hope your day has been a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone  💕

"We don't need to increase our goods
nearly as much as we need to scale down our wants."
 ~ Donald Horban

13 comments:

Tom said...

...blue skies are great, but right about now I'd love an all day rain.

Adam said...

That is a pretty sky

Carol W. said...

Donald Horban's thought is spot-on! I only buy what I need now instead of what I want. Trying to be a frugal minimalist and not become a hoarder of 'wants'. So easy to get carried away. God bless you both.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love, love,love that beautiful blue sky.

Dianna said...

It was another gorgeous day! Loved it!

Granny Marigold said...

Aren't deer so graceful as they bounce along? On our recent trip we watched as a deer stopped at a high fence then with one effort soared over it. Wow.

Lisa said...

I finally saw some rubarb in the grocery store the other day. I have been looking for some. Then I chickened out of buying it. Now I wish I would have gotten it.
Lisa

Silver in AZ said...

I'd love to see some blue skies! We are back to gray skies, but now with heat. Yuck. Come on, sun!

bettyC said...

Ok, I can’t wait...when do you think you will be moving?????

Debby Ray said...

The skies here have also been bluer than blue...just gorgeous! I just went to your recipes and printed off all of your rhubarb recipes...lol! Thanks!

happyone said...

Don't know, a few weeks?

Michelle said...

54 degrees sounds great. Too hot here!

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful blue skies …

All the best Jan