Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, July 06, 2018

A different day than I thought it would be

Woke up this morning to a clap of thunder and pouring down rain.
As you know I do walk in the rain but I don't walk in thunder storms.
So I skipped my morning walk.

We had planned on going to Uniontown for the day because it was
rainy but then we got a call from the Dentist at 9:30.
There were two cancellations at 10:00 and 10:45
and was asked if we'd like them.
Yes, we would.
Couldn't bring them cookies this visit  - not enough time to bake them.
Walked over to the dentist and I had my cleaning first.
Good visit - no cavities, healthy gums, and cleaning went great.

Glad that is over for another 6 months. 😁

Thought about going to Uniontown after lunch but decided to
save that for another day.

We would have eaten out had we gone to Uniontown so I had to make supper.
That's okay though because I made Manicotti
which we like a lot.

Ken had a church meeting to go to this evening and when he left
I finally left to take my 'morning walk.'
By this time the sun was out and it was a beautiful evening.
Prefer walking in the morning but an evening walk is a good one too.
Least favorite time to walk is the middle of the day.

It was 68 degrees when I walked, sunny with a cool breeze.
A couple of people were sitting in lawn chairs around
the town pond just enjoying the evening.
A few people were mowing lawns and those two
people taking down the house in town were working on that.
Walked just 4 miles but in about 10 hours I'll be out walking again.

The daisies have really popped out now in my garden.
This is the garden up by the porch at my house.
Starting reading the book club book and liked it right away.
Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
Though the day turned out different than I thought it would
it was still a good day.
Hope you had a good one too.
Life is Good
happyone 💕

"A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more,
feel more, enjoy more in one mile that the motorized
tourists can in a hundred miles."
~ Edward  Abbey

11 comments:

Tom said...

...each day starts with expectations and end with experiences.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love both the flower pictures. Beautiful!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Daisies are truly lovely. Sounds pleasant to see people out and about when you walk, but the dentist...ugh.

Granny Marigold said...

I agree that the middle of the day is not a great time to walk. Except maybe in winter I will walk then.
Your Daisies are lovely. Mine are blooming now too.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the daisies and coneflowers. We are enjoying some cooler weather, humidity is gone for now, yay! Have a happy day and weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful flowers Happyone.

God bless.

happyone said...

Just a cleaning at the dentist. I really don't mind going for a cleaning. So much better than it used to be!!!

Lisa said...

Sometimes God has a change of plans. looks like those daisies loved the rain. Maybe a little rest did some good. Glad your dentist appointment went well. I also bet they missed those cookies!
Lisa

Silver in AZ said...

sometimes, circumstances just force us from our beloved routines, but oftentimes that ends up not a bad thing after all. Glad you took the lemons and made lemonade. :)

Adam said...

Such pretty flowers

M.K. said...

Your flowers are so pretty! You will have to start again and make beautiful beds at the new house too. Purple cone flowers are just gorgeous.