Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, July 23, 2018

My Monday

65 degrees this morning and cloudy and I thought it might rain but it didn't.
Walked the Farm Loop.
 Don't usually see others walking or running around the Farm Loop when
I do but today Lisa was running around it.
Once I was back to town, I walked through town and around one
of the cemeteries a couple of times.
Was heading back home and I saw Kathy pull into the parking lot
by pond so walked over and we chatted for about 10 minutes.
She drives into town to take her morning walk around town.
She walks later in the morning than I do so don't see her much anymore.
Nice to catch up with her.

Walked my usual 6 miles
🚢🏼‍♀️     🚢🏼‍♀️     🚢🏼‍♀️
It was pancakes today for breakfast and then Ken went up
to the house.
I stayed home and got some laundry done.  Had morning showers
so had to hang them inside.
The sun did come out later in the afternoon.

Haven't been so good about keeping the house in tip top shape
for selling because no one has been to look at it.  Only had the one family
the second day.
So it was time to get it vacuumed and dusted again.
Planned on cleaning the bathrooms too but will save that for tomorrow.

Had some ironing sitting around needing to be done for a while now
and got that out of the way this afternoon.

Then got the last few pages of my book read.
The Pact by Jodi Picoult.
Thought it was very good and hard to put down though it was sad.

 Had pizza at Brenda's for supper this evening.
Missed having David there with us, but he's well and fine and Asheville.
On the way home we stopped at the Shop and Save and picked up a few things.

This evening I plan to start the next book for my book club,
make a few weave-it squares, and watch something on Netflix.
AND of course have ice cream.  πŸ˜ƒ

Hope your day was sunny and bright even if the sun wasn't shining.
Life is Good
happyone πŸ’•

A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery while on a detour.
~ unknown

17 comments:

Tom said...

...a bit of rain here late afternoon, we need more! 😟

Joyful said...

Lovely scenic photos. It sounds like you had a very productive day.

Sandi said...

I always like "going" on your walks with you. :)

Dianna said...

It has been quite humid here all day today and no showers. Maybe tonight or tomorrow.

Loved the pictutre of all those gorgeous Snap Dragons! That was one of my grandmother's favorite flowers. :)

Connie said...

I love that quote you put at the end of your post . . . how true :) When I got to the line about you doing laundry today, I remembered that I have sheets on the line. It's almost time to start dinner and I have beds to make . . . I guess that means I need to get off the computer and start cracking, LOL.
In regard to the comment you left on my blog: Thank you. I think now that we are both retired our lives are going to be so sweet . . . more time to enjoy each other's company and less stress from his job. He was carrying around stress that he didn't even realize he had.
Have a sweet day and thank you for being such a sweet blogging friend.
Connie :)

Michelle said...

My laundry was dried inside today, as well. I prefer the smell of line dried clothes. So fresh! Best of luck with the house sale.

Deb said...

Hi again, Karen. Sounds like you had a good Monday. I still love reading about your days. Good to be back. Great ending quote. Reading your blog always makes my day happier!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I actually had a beautiful day, weather wise. Perfect summer temperatures and a little breeze. That pizza looks good, even when I'm not hungry.

Granny Marigold said...

I love ordinary days. Here's a quote I recently read by Jodi Picoult.

"It never failed to amaze me how the most ordinary day could be catapulted into the extraordinary in the blink of an eye."

Have a great week.

Sue said...

WoW! that pizza looks delicious! Your days was so very productive, I love days like this. I didn't walk today as I had a lot of gardening to get done, but early tomorrow I will be out! We are getting a reprieve from the extreme heat.
Thanks for sharing your day.
Blessings.
Sue

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I've been studying your second photo for a while. Are those plants popping OUT of the plastic cover? Or have they been planted INTO the wholes? If the former, how do they know where to pop out? If the latter how do you plant them through the holes? How do you water the plants through the cover? The rain would just fall to the sides rather than go through the holes.

I've been watching the photo for a while now in case any plants pop out of the two holes on the right. They don't have any plants out of them ... yet!!!

Why are the plants in the bottom right trapped with canes? Is it to stop them running away?

What is going on here, Happyone?

God bless.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love that row of flowers! We love Asheville and still have a home there. It's a neat place to live! Hugs!

happyone said...

The plastic is put down first and then holes are cut and the plants are planted. The holes must be big enough for watering because the plants are doing well. : )
Don't know what you mean by 'canes.' If you mean the wire it is just part of a fence thrown to the side.

Inger said...

Love your temperatures, it's hot and dry here and one has to get really motivated to get ANYTHING done.

Debby Ray said...

I love the last quote. I have enjoyed many a view on many a detour! Have a blessed week!

Silver in AZ said...

mmmPIZZAmmmmmmm

Lowcarb team member said...

The flowers are such pretty colours.
Your Monday sounds good.

All the best Jan