Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Another Farm Loop Walk

Left the house my usual time of 6:30.
It was 65 degrees, cloudy and windy. 

This morning my walk took me around the Farm Loop like yesterday.
A few of the dairy cows were out in the front field at the farm,
but they were too busy eating to pay me any mind and didn't even look up.
Took a picture of them anyway.
Some chickens along the way.
The Church of the Brethren has a small graveyard next to it.
Left the road to walk among the graves to read the tombstones.
This one of an infant boy was the oldest one I found.
One of the roads runs along a brook but you can't see it because of all the
trees.  As I was walking along a Great Blue Heron came flying out from
among the trees, flew up the road a bit and then flew back in the trees.

Back in town I walked up the main road a ways toward Happy Trails,
turned around and came back home.
A nice 6 mile walk.
๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผ‍♀️     ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผ‍♀️     ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผ‍♀️
After breakfast got some house chores out of the way.

Then it was time for a little reading.
The book for next months book club meeting is
Carnegie's Maid by Marie Benedict.
 Right from the start I liked it.

Finished all the squares for the latest baby blanket and started
sewing up the squares today. 
I've started making squares for another one with a
yellow and white variegated yarn.
I'll be working more on that this evening.

Had planned on going outside to get some weeding done
but never made it out there.
Well there is always tomorrow.

Hope your day was a good one and you smiled often.
Life is Good
happyone  ๐Ÿญ

"People say that losing weight is no walk in the park.
When I hear that I think, yeah, that's the problem."
~ Chris Adams

9 comments:

Tom said...

...you sure have some nice scenery for your walks! ๐Ÿ˜€

Sue said...

Sounds like a wonderful productive day! I enjoy walking through graveyards and reading what is written on the tombstones, the words tell a lot of the people.
Blessings,
Sue

Dianna said...

Sounds like a pleasant day! We had a nice day today, too.

Adam said...

A lot of infant deaths in those times.

Carol W. said...

I've been thinking (for a year now, Lol) of crocheting some baby blankets with a big bag of baby yarn given to me by a nice lady a year ago. I'm sure the babies blessed with your beautiful blankets will appreciate them as they grow older; maybe even save them for their own children some day. God bless you!

Terra said...

Your photos make your walk look inviting.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love the scenes from your walk, the cattle and chickens are favorites. Too much rain here to walk outside. Enjoy your day!

Granny Marigold said...

I especially liked today's quotation. SO very true.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely scenery … you always seem to start your day quite early!

All the best Jan