Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, July 28, 2018

More to the picture

Out again walking this morning at 6:30.
55 degrees and sunny and no breeze.

Walked through town down toward Happy Trails, then a turnabout
back to town.  Around the ball park loop, a couple of times around
one of the cemeteries and around town again.

The man who runs around the ball park over and over again was there today
and I saw an older gentlemen riding a bike.  I see him every once in a while.

Here's a broader picture of the overgrown garden and shed from yesterday.
An older woman lives there who used to love working in her garden 
and people say at one time the whole yard was beautiful.
She is too old to work out in it now or she may even have died by now.
I used to see her sitting on the porch but haven't see her for a long time.
 
Heading home here.  I live about a block down the street on the right.

Walked a little shorter today - 5.5 miles.
Wanted to get home because Ken was waiting for me 
so I could go with him to get some gravel.
 The stone place is only open till 11:00 on Saturday.
 We had enough time to get 2 loads.  Spread it all out in the back of the house.

Then it was lunch time and afterward got the lawn mowed.
Ken loaded a few things in the truck that we took to the new house
when I was done with the lawn.

Up at the new house we got the burn pile started again and
just enjoyed being at the new house.
 Thought that Dave would be there working on the stone on the porch
but he never showed up.

It was a nice sunny day in the low 70's.  A perfect weather day.
Got some good work done and that is always a good feeling.
A happy day to you.
Life is Good
happyone  
💕

Treat everyone with politeness, 
even those who are rude to you -
not because they are nice, but because you are.
~unknown

14 comments:

Dianna said...

That is so sad about the lady who can no longer work in her flowers. My grandmother loved her flowers and worked in them up until she was about 93. She finally decided it was too much...she died when she was just shy 4 months of turning 100.

I'm glad you and Ken were able to spend time up at the new house. Won't be long now, my friend.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I like that last quote. I'll write it in my journal tonight. I just got back from walking. It was in the low 80s and didn't feel bad at all! (that still sounds hot, even to me! lol) Enjoy your evening! Hugs!

ellen b. said...

Good quote. Looks like some good weather for a walk. Hoping and saying a prayer that your house sells soon.

Tom said...

...I'd love a nice sunny day in the low 70's, it's HOT and muggy here!

Ruth Hiebert said...

It is sad to see a yard fall to disarray because the owner cannot do the work.I am sure she loved her little place and all the flowers she had.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

The town looks lovely and it must be a joy to walk through it.

Adam said...

I like the yellow on that house

Joyful said...

It looks like a beautiful day.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
It is sad about the lady and her garden. I hope she is OK. Gardens are hard work. It will be great to be living at the new home. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead.

Sue said...

So sad, I feel for those who have been so active in gardening and then because of age related illnesses, can't anymore.
You are going to enjoy your new home so much, it is wonderful that you have kept an online journal of this adventure. Thanks for sharing. Have a blessed Sunday.
Blessings,
Sue

Silver in AZ said...

very sad about the lady and her garden. Hopefully she's gone to live with family. (I'd like to think so.)

Granny Marigold said...

I thought that 'shed' was a little house. The actual house looks in good condition. I grew up in a yellow house, in fact we had a big yellow barn too.

Lowcarb team member said...

It does seem sad about the lady and her garden, but the older we get it's not always easy to carry out the tasks and work we used to do. I do hope she is OK, perhaps she is living with relatives …

Your pictures are very nice.

All the best Jan

o2bhiking said...

Felt a little sad reading about the lady and her garden. It must have been so important to her. It's sounding like your new home is coming right along.