Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, July 27, 2018

Outside work

 60 degrees this morning with a mix of sun and clouds 
and no wind.
I walked through town, turned around and walked back through town,
 out the other end and to the industrial park.
Ken passed me driving my car!
Most Fridays he meets his friend Edd for breakfast at Denny's
and he was on the way there.
I let him drive my car every once in a while. πŸ™‚

I walked back to town and around the ball park loop,
once around one of the cemeteries and home.

Not my yard, just snapped the picture along my way.
 Walked 6 miles
Found a penny
🚢🏼‍♀️     🚢🏼‍♀️     🚢🏼‍♀️
Looked like a sunny day so hung a load of laundry on the line.
Then went out to get some weeding done out front.
Was out about 45 minutes when it started to rain.
Ran around back and got my clothes off the line
and hung them inside.
10 minutes later the rain stopped.
Didn't bother moving the clothes back but I did go out and
got a little more weeding done till lunch time.

After lunch I went with Ken to the new house.
Things are winding down with the inside of the house.
Ronnie and Walter took up the paper and cardboard that was covering
the wood floors protecting the floors while work was being done.
The only work that needs to be finished inside is under the cabinet lighting
and some switch plate covers. 

Stone started on front of house by the front porch.
(not such a great picture)
The same stone will be on the bottom of the garage covering the foundation.
 
Once the stone is done, siding finished, and porch made the final
inspection can be done and then move in time.
I'm thinking a couple of weeks.
 
While we at the house this afternoon there were periods of rain and sun.
In between showers we got a burn pile going out back and
started clearing out the dead fall and some little sucker trees
out of the front yard.  
Still lots to do but we got a start.
We are keeping it natural all around the house and not having a lawn.
 
 That's it for today.
Time for a little relaxation.
Sure looking forward to my ice cream tonight.

Hope your day was happy and bright.
Life is Good
happyone  πŸ’•

"Waking up this morning, I smile.
Twenty-four brand new hours are before me.
I vow to live fully in each moment."
~ Thich Nhat Hanh

23 comments:

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Wish I could walk half that far. Has happened to me too hanging clothes out and then rain! Is your new house near where you live now? I am looking forward to seeing your natural yard. Is it out in the country? Nancy

Tom said...

...this has been a long process, it will nice for you to be able to settle in!

happyone said...

The new house is only 2 1/2 miles from the house we now live in. Yes, it is in the country. We are in western Maryland. We have 21 acres of woods.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I sure hope that once your new house is all done, you will give us a virtual tour.It all sounds so lovey.

Dianna said...

The stonework looks so nice. I know you must be getting quite excited when you think that moving in is so close now. xx

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

happyone, Our son has made a career of the Navy and lives in Hollywood, MD. It will be wonderful living in the country I would think! Nancy

Granny Marigold said...

That little old house with its rather chaotic garden would have an interesting tale to tell, if only it could talk.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty images. I like the flowers growing with the weeds. The stone on your new place is beautiful. I think my hubby would like a natural yard and no lawn. Enjoy your day and weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That looks like my yard.

God bless.

Lisa said...

That house photo with the grown up yard is actually pretty in a photograph. Your stone work is going up nicely! Happy Saturday!
Lisa

Pom Pom said...

Sometimes you let Ken drive your car? You're funny, Karen! Wow! The house is wonderfully close to a finish! Woo hoo! I like the bricks.
Have a rosy weekend, friend.

Vee said...

I see that, once again, the weather pattern is similar to here. Too many showers for me! Oh my, the house is nearly done and it’s beautiful. Tell me the truth now, are you going to miss mowing the lawn? πŸ˜‰

Silver in AZ said...

moving day around the corner! How exciting! And rain? Whatz that? ;)

Deb J. in Utah said...

It is so exciting that you new home is almost finished! I love it! Sounds like you got a lot done. Enjoy your weekend!

Lowcarb team member said...

That first picture is lovely :)
So pleased that moving in day is getting so close.

Enjoy your weekend.

All the best Jan

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice to finally reconnect, as I know you're one of the dedicated ones who has been praying for me. It worked! I firmly belive that my kidneys recovering was a miracle brought by the prayers of so many. Don't stop yet, I have several weeks to go. Looks like you made good prpgress on your house thepast six months. I'm going to go back and read your progress reports. Have a wonderful August!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

I hope your moving day comes quickly and goes smoothly! Such a good walk.......6 miles! I would be glad for a just a drop or two of that rain !

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

I love that little cottage and it's flowers in your photo! Hope your moving day comes quickly and goes smoothly.

happyone said...

We lived in southern MD and have been to Hollywood. : )
My husband was in the Navy for 20 years.

happyone said...

Probably not, but if I do I can always volunteer to mow the church's lawn. : ) It is kind of fun mowing the lawn on a zero turn mower.

happyone said...

Oh yes, so do I. I'll keep on praying. I thought for sure we would be in the house by now, but it will be worth the wait. : )

o2bhiking said...

Your new house is going to be so nice. Glad that you continue to enjoy your walks, and of course, your ice cream.

M.K. said...

I'm late reading blogs, so I guess by now it's only about a week until you move in - that's fabulous! I can't wait to see inside photos of the finishing touches - floors, cabinets, etc., when you're in.
My parents and their neighbors in the NC mtns. all had the natural type yards you describe, and it worked so well. Good for retirees who really don't want huge lawn work, and enjoy those natural views.