Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, July 29, 2018

Hand Shaking Song

This has been our Hand Shaking Song 
at church for the last couple of months.

 It is hard to sing this song without a smile. 
 ๐Ÿ˜Š

Oh Say, But I'm Glad
Words - James Patrick Sullivan - 1930
Music - Mildred E Sullivan - 1930

There is a song in my heart today,
Something I never had;
Jesus has taken my sins away,
Oh, say, but I'm glad.

     Refrain:
    Oh, say, but I'm glad, I'm glad,
    Oh, say, but I'm glad,
    Jesus has come and my cups overrun;
    Oh, say, but I'm glad.

Wonderful, marvelous love He brings,
Into a heart that's sad;
Through darkest tunnels the soul just sings,
Oh, say, but I'm gad.

We have a fellowship rich and sweet,
Tongues can never relate;
Abiding in Him, the souls Retreat -
Oh, say, but it's great.

Won't you come to Him with all your care,
Weary and worm and sad?
You, too, will sing as His love you share,
Oh, say, but I'm glad. 

Psalm 90:14 
O satisfy us early with thy mercy:
that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.

Isaiah 35:10
And the ransomed of the Lord shall return,
and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads:
they shall obtain joy and gladness,
and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

Want to hear it sung?
Click on the link.

 A blessed Sunday to you.
happyone  ๐Ÿ’•

8 comments:

Tom said...

...smiling is good for one's soul. ๐Ÿ˜€

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy Sunday.
Thanks for the video link :)

All the best Jan

Sue said...

Love this song too!!
Blessings,
Sue

Lisa said...

Cute little song. Not sure Ive heard it. We always have what I call “huggy kissy time” at church. While the chior comes down to sit, everyone hugs and shakes hand.
Lisa

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's good to sing. I sing so well that the neighbours have broken all our windows to hear me better. They have even invited the police to come and enjoy.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it is a cute song. Enjoy your day and new week!

Carolyn said...

I read your blog everyday! I should comment more often but please know I really enjoy reading it!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am familiar with the chorus of this song, but not the verses.Great words.