Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, July 30, 2018

Barn Collective

Linking up with Tom for the Barn Collective.
Took these pictures a couple of days ago.
I think a few more boards have fallen off the barn but its still standing.
🚜     🚜     🚜
When I left on my morning walk it was 62 degrees.
The roads were wet but it was just cloudy.

Headed to the post office first to drop some mail down the slot.
Walking through town I took a picture of what's left of the
house that is being torn down by two people.
Not much left now.
I asked if something else was going to be built there and
they said no it is just going to be a yard.
I think it belongs to the church now.
 Continued my walk down toward Happy Trails, then back to town,
around the cemeteries and the ball park loop.
Walking behind the ball park on the short path by the little brook
I saw a deer and a green heron.
                          
This picture is the back view of the yellow house from yesterday.
Saw some blue sky while walking but by the time I got home the blue
had disappeared again.

Walked 6 miles
🚢🏼‍♀️    🚢🏼‍♀️     🚢🏼‍♀️
After breakfast I walked over to the bank and made it back home just
a few minutes before the rain.
Planned on getting some weeding done but the rain changed those plans.

Got a load of laundry done and had to hang it inside.
Cooked up some chicken that was in the refrigerator and will
have that for supper tomorrow.  
In the afternoon I read and sewed.
Sewing up a weave-it baby blanket and more than half finished.
Also working on a yellow and white weave-it baby blanket and have
21 squares for that done.
(there are 70 in a blanket)

 The rain moved off late afternoon and we had some sunshine.
Had our usual Monday evening out for pizza at Brenda's.
Always a treat. 

A happy day to you.
Life is Good
happyone  πŸ’•

"On cable TV they have a weather channel - 
24 hours of weather. 
We had something like that where I grew up.
We called it a window." 
~ Dan Spencer

17 comments:

Tom said...

...I love the fog hugging the ground in you barn images. The house that was torn down, was there architectural details to be salvaged? Now a days they knock a house down in no time with a machine. Thank Karen for stopping by, enjoy your week.

happyone said...

Yes, they are salvaging items. I think that was one of the reasons it went so slowly.

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

How many years have you been walking that far? We saw a deer near the road when we were driving and it looked like a young one behind it. I love barn pictures too. Do you have a picture of the baby blankets you are making? Nancy

Dianna said...

Love that quote at the end of your post today, Karen. :) One Monday night Carroll and I will have to meet you and Ken at Brenda's for pizza. That sounds like fun. I miss you.

Lowcarb team member said...

Those first two pictures are stunning, love the light, the fog, the shadows too.

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

The light in your second picture is just amazing.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the way the fog looks in your photos too. Glad you got your walk in! We had rain at mid day today which was different! But much needed, so I can't complain! Enjoy your pizza! Hugs!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I need a favour please. The doctor told me I should walk more. Can you walk on my behalf perhaps?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I like the second photo of the barn in the sunlight. Pizza for dinner would be a favorite for me. Have a happy day and week ahead!

happyone said...

If you click on 'Walk' up by the header all your walking questions will be answered.
I'll be posting pictures of the baby blankets as I finish.

happyone said...

Oh that would be great. Would love to have pizza with you. : )

happyone said...

Don't think it works that way but if it did I would. : )

Adam said...

It is a shame to see a space go unused

Sandi said...

a green heron? I didn't know they came in green! :)

Love the early morning mist.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Always lovely photos and descriptions of the people and places in your delightful little town!

Michelle said...

I love that first picture!

Linda said...

The barn looks beautiful with the mist behind it.