Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Another day of summer

Left the house my usual time of 6:30.
62 degrees, sunny with a little breeze.
In the middle of town a road cuts through the main road.  
Turning right takes you to the school.  
Turning left takes you up a winding hill and I've only walked
 up that way a couple of times.  Today I headed up that way.
Can you spot the deer hiding there in the bushes?  Just about centered in the picture.
I didn't go all that far because the road turns pretty windy and there
are no sidewalks.  Not many cars come down the road but when they do
I wouldn't like to be walking on this tight a curve, so I turned around
here and went back to town.  Sorry about the blurry picture.
Once back to town, I was back to my usual places.  The cemeteries and
the ball park, and down toward Happy Trails before turning around
and going back home.

The same woman I've seen a few times now was walking around the
ball park loop but was too far away to say hi.  
One of these days I'll introduce myself to her and learn her name.

Walked 6 miles
๐Ÿฆ‹     ๐ŸŒ     ๐Ÿž
After breakfast I put chicken in the slow cooker for tonights supper.

Then I should  have done some work but I picked up my book an
was just going to read for a little bit.  Ended up reading a couple of hours.
It is a good book and it was hard to put it down.
Finally at 11:00 I did and went outside to mow the lawn.

After lunch we went up to Happy Trails to the new house.
Things progressing slowly but surely.
Hoping in a few weeks we will be able to move in.
They were working on the underside roof of the front porch.
  Was going to take a picture but will take one 
when they finish.
We sat in the swing out back for a while and then came home
for supper.

We've had another nice sunny day.
We get a lot of rain so we area really enjoying these nice summer days.

Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone  ๐Ÿ’•
 "People don't notice whether it's winter or summer
when they're happy."
~ Anton Chekhov

10 comments:

Tom said...

...Karen, you sure pack a lot into a day! ๐Ÿ˜€

Dianna said...

I know you must be getting anxious to be in your new home. Isn't it thrilling though to think that one day you were just daydreaming about living at Happy Trails and then Ken said, "why not?" and God has had His hand on the entire project!

Granny Marigold said...

I could only find the deer after I enlarged the picture.

Adam said...

I like that quote

Silver in AZ said...

so excited for you, moving into your new home!

Joyful said...

Lovely scenery. So glad you are reading a good book. Unfortunately I can't put a book down for long when it is a good one, lol.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I see the deer, very pretty. Love the sky scene and the quote. I love a good page turner, they are hard to put down. Have a happy day!

Henny Penny said...

How many posts have I missed? Why, I figured you and ken had probably moved into your new house by now. Oh, looking back, I LOVE that stone wall you're building at your new home. I did spot the deer in the first picture. That is such a pretty picture. Have got to keep up! :)

Pom Pom said...

That's a good quote by Chekhov. Wow! You're moving into the new house soon. I'm excited for you!

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes, I saw the deer!
Sounds as if you will be moving into your new home quite soon now, so exciting.

All the best Jan