Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, June 22, 2018

Back and forth for stone

60 degrees this morning and a little misty rain once in a while and very windy.
I was up and out walking at 6:05.
A couple peeks of blue sky once in a while too.
Walked through town and down the road a ways and then
back to town.
Around one of the cemeteries and the ball park loop.
 No one else out walking that I saw.

Walked 6 miles
🌦     🌦     🌦
While I was out walking Ken went and got another load of the
big stone for the driveway.
On the way for another load he stopped home.
We had breakfast and then I went with him for the next load of stone.
  And for the next 4 loads.
That was how we spent our day, going back and forth for stone.
We had a routine worked out.
Ken would drive the tractor up to the dump trailer with the bucket loader
by the tail gate.
I was in charge of the raising and lowering the dump trailer.
 The stone would get dumped right into the bucket loader and when it
was full I'd lower the trailer.
Then Ken would dump it on the driveway.
Each trailer load we dumped about 5 bucket loads.
As you can see from the picture there is still more stone needed.
Ronnie and Walter were working on siding the gable ends of the house.
The garage side of the house.
And the other end of the house.
The siding will be vertical and a green/gray color.
Maybe that will get done next week.

That is all we did today.
Oh, we did go to the Shop and Save for milk and the most important thing. 
 Ice cream.
Trying a new flavor for me called,
Vanilla Chocolate Crunch. (Turkey Hill)

Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone  💕

I may mot be there yet,
but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
~ unknown

13 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

That sounds a lot of stone!

Vanilla Chocolate Crunch ice cream … hope you enjoyed it.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...I wish that I had all the money that I spent on stone over the years.

Silver in AZ said...

wow, that's a gorgeous place!

Joyful said...

That is a lot of stone. The house is coming along and looks so nice.

Leslie said...

That's a lot of stone!!! The house is looking amazing!!! I'm getting excited to see it finished!
Enjoy your ice cream!

Happy@Home said...

It sounds like you and Ken had a good system worked out. I am excited to see everything when it's all done as the sneak peeks today look very nice. In the meantime, enjoy your ice cream.

Adam said...

Never had that flavor

eileeninmd said...

Hello, you two are working hard on the property. I can't wait to see it all done. The ice cream sounds yummy, we bought a Green's Chocolate Marshmallow yesterday that was good. Happy weekend to you!

happyone said...

Eventually I'd like to have the driveway paved!!

Debby Ray said...

That is a LOT of gravel! I can't wait to see the siding...love the scallops on the gables!

ellen b said...

That's a lot of gravel for sure. It will be welcome in all kinds of weather!

Henny Penny said...

I love how your new home is looking...it's so pretty there! We've been trying Turkey Hill's new ice cream flavors too. The last one we tried was the trio of chocolates with chocolate chips. It's a little too chocolaty.

M.K. said...

The house is looking SO pretty! I love those gable ends and the trim.