Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Walking in the rain

It was a drizzling rainy walk this morning.
64 degrees with a bit of a wind too.
I started out walking with my umbrella but was getting wet anyway 
from the wind so I walked back home 
and dropped of the umbrella and then continued on in the rain.
It kept me nice and cool.
I did get pretty wet though.
Had my usual walk around town again.
No people around and the workers weren't working on the
sidewalks today because of the rain.
 I enjoyed my rainy walk and went the usual 6 miles. 
🌧     🌧     🌧
Ken left when I did with the dump trailer to get a load of big sized gravel
for the driveway up at the new house.
He dug a drainage ditch along the side and put in a pipe and
the gravel is for there.
He made three trips for stone.
I would have gone with him but it was Baby Blanket Day at church.

Today was my turn to give the devotional before starting to work on the blankets.
Another brought breakfast.
I was a bit nervous about giving the devotional because I don't
like speaking in front of people but it went good.
I just thought of Philippians 4:13.  
I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me.  
That did the trick.  😊
We've had widely scattered rain showers around here today.
Coming home I drove through rain and sun a couple of times each.

Got some more reading done this afternoon.
Didn't do much of anything else.

We had a hard time deciding what we wanted to eat for supper
and finally Ken suggested French toast so that's what I made.
Was surprised that Ken suggested that because he usually
doesn't like breakfast for supper.
Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone 💕
"Multitudes of people are beauty blind to the outdoor pictures.
I doubt if one in a hundred begins to take in the beauty
visible on even a short walk in the city or country."
~ Delia Lyman Porter 

12 comments:

Tom said...

...lucky you! It's so dry here, I'd love to walk in the rain. For me I'd be happy with breakfast three times a day.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The rain sounds so refreshing. We are in need of rain.It would also likely help to cool things down a bit. I hope you don't mind,I copied that last quote and would like to use it on my blog sometime down the road.

Silver in AZ said...

mmmm, haven't had homemade French toast in a LONG time!

happyone said...

Yes, of course you may use it. : )

Angie said...

I don't mind a walk in the rain if it's warm enough and there's no lightning!! And I like breakfast ANY time of the day. One of my favorite weddings in recent years was one that had breakfast dishes for its wedding meal!!!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I love French toast. Did you save me any?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I am happy to see the beauty you see during your walks. Great quote. I like french toast and could eat it for dinner or breakfast. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love that last quote. I see so much beauty, I can't walk...have to take pics! heehee! Enjoy your day sweet lady!

Adam said...

It's amazing how much public speaking can cause fear in us, even if you know everyone personally in the crowd.

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

We could probably do with a bit of rain, it’s gloriously sunny here, but I think the garden could do with it. I had a lovely afternoon reading too, lovely day xx

Granny Marigold said...

I'm not one to get up and speak in front of people either. Unless the group is quite small.
I like today's quote a lot.

Lowcarb team member said...

Sometimes it is so refreshing to enjoy a walk in the rain …

All the best Jan