Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, June 23, 2018

Rock Maze

Didn't go on my walk this morning.
Ken got three more loads of stone this morning.
I went with him for one of the loads and got the other two on his own.
While he was doing that David, our son,  picked me up and we went on a hike.
He went to this place a month or so ago and thought I'd like
it so he took me there today.

The trail name is Rock Maze and this is the start of it.
 Walked down this trail a while and then we came upon the rock maze
just sitting there in the middle of the trail.
It was awesome. The pictures don't give you the the beauty or the size of it all.
Took a bunch of pictures and I'm sorry to say they didn't come out all that good
But here they are anyway.

Here is David sitting under an outcropping.
What an awesome place it is.  
Sure glad he brought me there.
Though there were two other cars at the head of the trail,
we didn't see a soul they whole time we were there.

That took the place of my morning walk.
๐Ÿ„     ๐Ÿ„     ๐Ÿ„
After the hike David dropped me off at the new house by Ken.
Worked a little while with him there and then came home.

Had a few rain showers this afternoon in between sunny periods.

I enjoyed the afternoon sitting and reading my book.
I have less than 200 pages left to read of the 979 pages in The Fiery Cross
by Diana Gabaldon. 
Though I've read a bunch of other books while reading this one,
it is taking me such a long time to finish it.
I'm not reading anything else till it's done.

Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone ๐Ÿ’•

"In every walk with Nature one receives
far more than he seeks."
~ John Muir

13 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a wonderful place. Lovely photos. Nature can really be beautiful.

God bless.

Granny Marigold said...

Very interesting place to hike. Having your son sit under that overhanging rock gives one a sense of just how big the rocks are.

Tom said...

...I bet that those rhododendrons are something when they flower.

Adam said...

That is pretty cool

happyone said...

Yes, I'll have to go back next spring.
We were thinking it would be great to visit in winter too.

Lisa said...

A change in scenery can be nice. I would love to walk a path like that. Beautiful and mystic.
Lisa

Silver in AZ said...

Cool place! I gave up on Outlander half way through book 4. Didn't like a turn it took, and gave up. ;)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, my hubby would love the Rock Maze trail. Maybe we will try to find it some day. I like the photos. John Muir has wonderful nature quotes. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That rock maze looks like a fun place to explore.

Connie said...

That hike looked amazing and how lovely that your son wanted to take you there and spend that time with you. You are blessed:)

ellen b. said...

Such an interesting place to hike to. Thoughtful of your son to take you there. Happy Sunday to you!

Vee said...

What a unique place...great that David found it and shared it! I’m sure that it was an excellent substitute for walking.

Retired Knitter said...

Amazing! Great fun.