Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, June 05, 2018

A rainbow and SammyJo

 48 degrees this morning with a mix of sun and clouds.
For me it was ideal working weather.  I like it on the cool side.
Walked through town and all the workers were arriving to
work on the sidewalk.  Getting to know them all from walking
past every morning.  They all have a kind word as I walk by.

Took these pictures walking up Barn Sale Road.
Like the lighting in this one.
Looking up at the sky I watched a rainbow appear.  It only lasted a
couple of minutes and it was gone.
So surprised to see one on a sunny sky.
Looks pale in the picture and not that impressive but it was amazing to see.
 Only walked around the lower cemetery today because I already
had my miles in since I walked all the way up Barn Sale.

Walked 6 miles
🌈     🌈     🌈
We got a lot of garage stuff out and up to Happy Trails.
We put it all in the tractor barn up there.
Back home we realized we hadn't looked up in the attic of the garage.
There was a bunch of stuff that we had forgotten we even had.
A pickup load got all that up to the tractor barn too.
Once we move in the new house we can go through all that stuff
at our leisure.

We walked through the house and took some of the furniture out and
put it in the garage.
Makes rooms look a lot bigger and I think all is staged well.
  Haven't painted yet though but we can get that done in a day.

With all the rain and sun things are very green and growing fast,
so I had to mow the lawn again.
Felt a few rain drops but that was all and got it all mowed.

This afternoon I went through all my pictures on the computer.
Deleted more that 500 of them.
One that I DID NOT delete was one I came across of my
dog of some years ago, Sammy Jo.
This was when she was a puppy.
She was the best and smartest dog I ever had and I still miss her
after 16 years.
Well that's it for today.
Hope your day was a happy one and you smiled often.
Life is Good
happyone  πŸ’•

"Happiness is a warm puppy."
~ Charles M Schulz

19 comments:

Adam said...

I bet she was a great dog

Tom said...

...I can see why you didn't delete Sammy Jo!

ellen b. said...

Sweet memories of your Sammy Jo. Ha...those attics! Glad you remembered to check up there.

Ruth Hiebert said...

SammyJo looks so sweet.I love your pictures. The rainbow is beautiful.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful dog. I miss a number of our dogs long gone.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the rainbow. They are a treat to see! SammyJo is a cute puppy. we are doing some painting now too. Have a happy day!

R's Rue said...

Love.

happyone said...

Bread baking in the bread machine has a great smell too when walking into the house. : )

Cat Lover said...

Hi Karen, you are progressing quickly with getting your house ready to sell. Beautiful photos as always, I love the rainbow one. Sammy Joe was lovely. Our last kitty was named Sam, I still miss her too.
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. I will miss you too but I will keep up reading your blog.
Take care.

Henny Penny said...

I love the rainbow. How lucky that you got to watch it form and go away. Sammy Jo was adorable. Looks like a Lab, and they are very smart and sweet dogs.

Pam said...

Gotta love the low temps, here in Nashville TN we have had low temps and humidity the last couple of days. LOVE IT...fantastic pic of the rainbow.

Debby Ray said...

Awww...Sammy Jo was precious. I was also going through some of my old pics and got so overwhelmed I had to just stop....tens of thousands need to be gone through, seriously. It would take me a week even by working on it around the clock....something I definitely need to do!

Lisa said...

Great capture of the rainbow. “Gods promise”.
Cute pup!
Lisa

happyone said...

Yes, she was a Lab.

happyone said...

Yes, one of many. : )

M.K. said...

We miss our old puppies too, and they are definitely part of our "family lore." It's wonderful to tell old stories about them, and kind of keep them alive in everyone's mind. Sammy Jo looks like a sweetie.

Sandi said...

Sigh... beautiful.

Vee said...

She was a cutie. I still miss Molly and FiorΓ©, too, but don’t wish to replace them. Do you ever think about it?

Once again, our weather and temps are similar. I hope to return to warmth soon.

You folks are getting a lot accomplished!

Lowcarb team member said...

You must have many great memories of Sammy Jo …
That's a lovely photograph.

All the best Jan