Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Slight change in morning routine

🐌     🐌     🐌
Changed the morning routine up a bit this morning.
First thing I made us blueberry pancakes for breakfast.
Ken then headed up to the new house to do some work.
He is working on the grading around the house and the driveway.
Sure is a blessing having the tractor.
I rode up with him to the house wearing my walking clothes and shoes.
Went inside the house for a bit to look around.
Everything is looking so nice and I can't wait to be able to start
moving in.

After my look around the house I started on my walk.
It was 50 degrees and looked like rain so had my umbrella with me
though I never had to use it.
Walked home which is 2 1/2 miles.
On the way I took a few pictures of some wildflowers growing along
side of the road.


When I got home I dropped off my umbrella and my sweatshirt
and headed out for the rest of my walk around town.

Up at the town pond there were people all around the pond fishing.   
Today was the annual Youth Fishing Rodeo.

Activity over at the ball park getting the field ready for a 
little league game.  Dirt being raked, bases put out, lines drawn,
and even a few kids throwing balls back and forth.

The rest of my walk was around town up.
Walked a total of 5 1/2 miles
⛅️     ⛅️     ⛅️
By lunch time most of the clouds moved off and we ended
up having lots of sunshine. 🌤
I went outside in the front garden and did more weeding.
Spent a couple of hours doing that.

I was going to sit on the front porch and have a drink
and stepped out the door in my socks with no shoes.
I thought I stepped on a sharp stone but when I looked
saw that it was wasp.  There were more wasps flying around so I decided
to have my drink inside.

Got some knitting done this afternoon on the blue baby blanket I'm making.
About 5 more inches and I should be done.

Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
Count your blessings
happyone 🎈

May all your weeds be wildflowers.
~unknown

"A good garden may have some weeds."
Thomas Fuller

17 comments:

Tom said...

...change can be a good thing!

Sandi said...

Did the wasp sting you??

happyone said...

Yes, it did.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love the delicate beauty of wildflowers.Have a great rest of the weekend.

Leslie said...

OUCHHH! I'm not a fan of wasps. You morning sounds perfect, especially the pancakes! Everything is looking so green and beautiful.. although I will be glad when things dry up a bit.
Have a great Sunday. hope your sting is feeling ok.

Joyful said...

Sounds like you had a good day. I enjoyed the wildflowers.

Adam said...

I had a wasp sting my leg and it fell on the ground from the rebound I guess. STOMP!!!

Granny Marigold said...

I can almost hear that creek in the first photo. The wildflowers are sure pretty. Sorry about the wasp sting.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, seeing the sunshine would make me happy. Love the pretty flowers. The pancakes sound yummy. happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead.

Sandi said...

Such a beautiful view of the Creek!

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful creek and wildflowers!

Henny Penny said...

Hope your wasp sting has stopped hurting. We have lots of them flying around too. Blueberry pancakes sound so good!

Debby Ray said...

That would have been me walking out to have my drink on the porch BUT without the socks. YEOWWW!!

Lisa said...

A wasp sting can feel like stepping on a nail. Hope you dont have any symptoms.
Lisa

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Those wild flowers look great. Praying you are well after that wasp sting.

God bless.

Lowcarb team member said...

I think the wildflowers look lovely, but sorry you got stung.
Hope all is well now.

All the best Jan

o2bhiking said...

I got stung by a yellow jacket on my hike. I took my pack off and the wasp apparently got on the back of the pack between the straps. When I put the pack back on, it was squished between the pack and my shoulders and drilled me in the back. Didn't enjoy it.