Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, May 18, 2018

Not one but two

🐝     🐛     🐞
Left the house at 6:50 this morning and it was cloudy, windy and 60 degrees.
Another morning walk all around town.
Walk the same places just in different sequences.

Didn't see the second Robin below the first one till I saw
the picture.  These were in the cemetery on top of the hill.
Found 2 lucky pennies. 💰
They were in the middle of the path around the ball park about
20 feet apart.  Brand new ones too. 

Walked 6.2 miles
🍄     🍄     🍄
Ken had asked me yesterday if I would bake some Chocolate Chip Cookies
 so I did that today. 
Bible Time is coming up in July and I always bake about 10 dozen so
I put three dozen aside for that and put them in the freezer.
This way there are not too many of them around to eat.
Ken ate a few right of the oven.

It was a cloudy misty day so I was in the house all day.
Got some touch up painting done on the kitchen cabinets
which I had painted white a couple of years ago.

Took a few more things off the walls but can't really do much else
to get ready to move until we can start bringing things over to the new house.
We aren't going to box up everything and then bring it to the new house.
But just bring things over put them away and then come back
to the house for more stuff.  It should be a nice easy move.
I'm thinking it will take a while to sell our current house so
we should have plenty of time.

Right now there is dough being made in the bread machine
for homemade pizza for supper.
Sure looking forward to that, haven't had pizza at home
for a while.

Hope your day is a happy one.
Life is Good
Count your blessings
happyone 🎈

"Weeds are flowers too,
once you get to know them."
~ A A Milne

19 comments:

Tom said...

...looks like they better rub a mower around to get ready for Memorial Day.

Joyful said...

Enjoyed your post. It sounds like you are doing all kinds of homemaking and that always gives me a cosy feeling. The weather looks beautiful too. Nice and green and spring buds and blossoms as well as the gorgeous robins.

Angie said...

We are having an at-home day, and I am loving it. Alternating between cleaning and blogging (some pages are taking some time to load, so I clean in between!) It's a little chillier and grayer today, so I think tonight we'll be watching a movie all snuggled up with our cats. Happy Friday to us all! Have a 'happy' weekend, happyone!

Michelle said...

This was my last day of school, so I am looking forward to morning walks all summer long. Nothing quite like a good day at home. I always get so much done.

Granny Marigold said...

That way of moving sounds like the perfect way... no big push to get it done quickly.

Dianna said...

Your chocolate chip cookies sound yummy! Ken likes his the same way Carroll does...right out of the oven. I like the way you are going to be doing your moving to the new house. Nice and easy.

Ruth Hiebert said...

We had a rainy day as well. It was just what we needed, so I haven't anyone complain.Have a good weekend.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Send us some rain please! I'm with Dianna, pass the chocolate chippers my way too.

Adam said...

The signs of spring, robins were late this year

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the cute robins. Sounds like you have your move planned out, I hope all goes smoothly. Choc chip cookies and pizza are my favorites, yum! Enjoy your day and weekend!

Sandi said...

Your misty day inside sounds wonderful.

I love this:

"Weeds are flowers too,
once you get to know them."
~ A A Milne

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That's one penny every three miles. I haven't found a penny for a while. I'll search behind the sofa right now.

Sorry to keep you waiting ... found the mother-in-law !!!

God bless.

Vee said...

That’s sort of how my son and family moved five houses up the street. Michelle would load a little red wagon up and haul it to the new house. In the end, time was of the essence and they moved the old-fashioned way. 🙂 It’s not taking long to sell houses here. Perhaps it won’t take as long as you think. It’s a great house and you’ve maintained it beautifully!

Connie said...

Energy begets energy and that is surely true in your case . . . walking everyday, baking cookies, painting cabinets, making homemade pizza . . . you are a little ball of energy. Have a lovely weekend.
Connie :)

A Casa Madeira said...

Sometimes the simplest things are loaded with beauty.
Here in Brazil the winter arrived earlier today in the morning 5 degrees cold.
Good week's continuation.
janicce.

Pom Pom said...

You're good at delayed gratification. I have so many chocolate chips. I must give them to my daughter in law, the chipper maker!
Take care! It sounds like good walking weather!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

There are a lot of pretty weeds...that's for sure! Homemade pizza sounds good...may be on our menu tonight! Hugs!

Henny Penny said...

I had to look close for the second Robin. You make baking sound so easy. I dread baking anything, especially cookies. Wish I were more like you.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to see the robins.

All the best Jan