Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, March 07, 2018

More Snow

When I left this morning on my walk there was a dusting of snow 
on the ground from over night.
It was 31 degrees with just a slight breeze and cloudy.
I set off walking and dropped off a book in the drop at the library.
Continued through town and up Barn Sale Road.
Back down on the main road I walked down toward Happy Trails and by
the time I turned around it started to snow.
And then snowed harder.
Those are my footsteps.  I stopped and turned around to take the picture.
With the temperature hovering right around freezing the snow was
the slushy kind with a bit of a crunch to it.

Back to town I walked around both cemeteries and the ball park loop.
The geese didn't seem to mind the snow and there were
a bunch of them by the town pond.

Didn't see any one else out walking.
At 5.7 miles didn't quite get my 6 miles in.
🍀     🍀
We went to Grantsville to do a few errands in the morning.
While we were there we stopped in at the thrift store to look around.
I didn't get anything but Ken got a flannel shirt.

During the afternoon it snowed on and off, at times pretty hard
but it never amounted to much.

Didn't get much done this afternoon but
did have a nice afternoon reading and making weave-it squares.

Just finished supper (those pork chops from yesterday)
and now it is time to get ready for church.

Looking forward to my ice cream when we get home.

Life is Good
Count your blessings and have a happy day.
happyone  💕

13 comments:

Michelle said...

We had some of that snow. Guess March is coming in like a Lion!

Adam said...

I snow what you mean

Henny Penny said...

The pictures are simply beautiful, and that's so neat, seeing your footprints in the snow.

Ruth Hiebert said...

A fresh snowfall is just so pretty.

Dianna said...

These spring snows have a way of coming and going so quickly, don't they? I think we are supposed to have some more between now and tomorrow.

Isn't Grantsville a nice quiet little community? I just love it.

happyone said...

Yes, it is a nice little town and it only 14 miles away.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It looks very cold and reminds me of what we had last week.

God bless.

Tom said...

...well it comes and goes.

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

All that snow makes for some lovely photos xx

Debby Ray said...

It sound like we may be getting some snow here in NC on Sunday. That's crazy march weather for you!

Vee said...

We have an additional foot of snow after this blizzard, which has not yet ended. This time of year is such a two steps forward and one step back process. I find it annoying, but should learn to accept what is.

Christine said...

Winter doesn't want to leave just yet!

Sandi said...

So beautiful!