Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Rainy Walk and Happy BIrthday

My walk this morning was a wet one.
Rained the whole of my walk, and not a little drizzle but it poured.
A warm 52 degrees though and not much of a breeze.

Wore my rain paints and yellow rain slicker.
It was too warm to wear the hood on the slicker so I also used my umbrella.
Besides when it rains hard after a few miles the water somehow gets
down my neck and my shirt gets wet so the umbrella prevented that.
As you would expect on an early rainy Saturday morning not much 
activity around town.
It was just me, a few geese, and lots of worms.

Walked all over town as usual and around the cemeteries and ball park loop.
Didn't walk all of my usual 6 miles - just 5.3 this morning.
๐ŸŒ‚     ๐ŸŒ‚     ๐ŸŒ‚
Did the usual morning chores around the house.

After lunch we went over to the new house to see what had been done
in the last couple of days.
 The dry wall is all hung.  It hasn't been spackled yet but that will get
done next week.

Took a few pictures.
Kitchen/Dining Room
  Standing in the far corner of the kitchen.
Kitchen, dining area, living room
Pantry door on right, basement door on left
Mud room
The washer and freezer will be on right in the dark area.
A half bath will have pocket doors.
Basement
 We spent quite a bit of time just walking around the house and
picturing where to put all our furniture and stuff.

Life is Good
Count your blessings and have a happy day.
 happyone  ๐Ÿ’•

๐ŸŽˆ     ๐ŸŽˆ     ๐ŸŽˆ     ๐ŸŽˆ     ๐ŸŽˆ     ๐ŸŽˆ
Bernice is my life long friend and today is her birthday. I am an only child and she is the sister I never had. The year we turned 50 (quite a few years ago, we are turning 67 this year) I wrote this letter to her. I thought I would post it here today on her birthday. You can get an idea of what she means to me.

Happy Birthday to my dearest friend Bernice,
Today you are 50 years old. When I look at you I don't see a 50 year old woman.
 I see a little girl who I've grown up with and have known my whole life.
We first knew each other in church when we were only babies.
Third grade I moved to Waldwick and we ended up in the same class.
I walked into the room and you shot up your hand and said
"That's Karen, she's in my Sunday school class."

In those young years we knew each other from church,
then as teenagers at the age of 15 we became very dear friends.
Where one was the other one was.
 We called each others parents mom and dad,
spent many nights over each others houses,
roller skated every Saturday night (some great times we had there)
and many times liked the same boys.
We've done so much together that it would take a book to write it all down.
And through it all we told each other everything.
 No secrets between us and we grew up knowing we would always be there for each other no matter what.

Going through the teenage years is sometimes hard and whatever happened
I knew you would always be there for me to help me through it.
 I don't think I would have made it through with out you.
 We had so many good times together and have spent many hours laughing and have shed a few tears too.

We got older, married, moved away from each other,
had babies but have always kept in touch.
 Sometimes years went by without seeing each other,
but once together again no time had seemed to pass.
 We were kids once again.
I treasure our friendship and I know I am so lucky to have you
for my friend then, now, and forever.
So when I see you now on your 50th birthday I don't see a 50 year old woman,
I see that same little girl,
that same teenager,
that same grown woman who is my dearest friend.
I love you Bernice.
Love your forever friend,
Karen :-)

And so today on my friend Bernice's birthday, I want to wish her a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! She is one in a million!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Here we are many years ago.
Me on the left and Bernice on the right.
I have that odd smile because I had braces. ๐Ÿ˜Š

15 comments:

Connie said...

It is wonderful that you and Bernice found each other and have been friends all this time. Have you ever thought of getting a cowboy hat. I have a crush-able Stetson, you can pack it in a suitcase, sit on it . . . it always comes back to shape and it is water repellent and has a chin strap . . . I love mine and it's the first hat I grab when it's raining. It's almost like wearing a small umbrella . . . I stay dry and warm. Just a thought . . . Cowgirl up, LOL

Sandi said...

Love the rainy walk and the house pictures! When do you move in?

"We called each others parents mom and dad,
spent many nights over each others houses,"

As a mom, big smile. :-)

Wow! You look like a MOVIE STAR. You are a good friend too, Bernice must be a wonderful person. Your letter was so sweet. I bet she still has it. I bet she thinks of it often.

Ruta M. said...

Nice to see the progress on your new house. It must be such fun to pick exactly what you want for all the rooms. The basement looks enormous, plenty of room for Ken's trains.

Ruth Hiebert said...

A friend like that is priceless. Those rainy pictures look good, almost like I can hear the rain falling.

Tom said...

...singing in the rain maybe, walking in the rain isn't fun.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Old friends are the best friends. You two look a lot alike...just as sisters in fact. I turned 68 next month so I'm right up there with you guys. Happy Birthdays this year.

Happy@Home said...

How exciting to see the progress on your new home! It looks great already. I love the front door and sidelights along with those nice big corner windows.
I know that your heartfelt letter to Bernice was a keeper. That is such a nice idea to take the time to tell her how much you cherish her friendship. It's a wonderful thing to have a friendship like that. Love the photo. Two pretty gals.

Michelle said...

Nothing like a life long friend.

Vee said...

You and Bernice actually look like sisters! Beautiful ones! Hope that she had a wonderful birthday. Your letter was so touching...I’m sniffling.

ellen b. said...

What a wonderful letter to write to your dear friend. Friendships like these are priceless. Happiest of birthdays to your lifelong friend.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

True happiness consists not in the multitude of friends; but in their worth and choice.

God bless.

happyone said...

No, can't picture me in a cowboy hat. ๐Ÿ˜Š

happyone said...

I'm thinking some time in April.
Thank you so much for those kind words.

Debby Ray said...

Oh what a joy that you have each other as friends for such a long time...that is a precious gift for both of you! And the letter you wrote her was something I am sure she will treasure forever.

Anonymous said...

Popping in to see how your weekend was :-)