Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, February 26, 2018

A bit of sun

37 degrees this morning and cloudy but NO rain. 😊
Got a bit of a late start and didn't get outside walking till 7:00.

Walked through town and up Barn Sale Rd a ways and then down
toward Happy Trails.
Back to town and around both cemeteries a couple of times.
My horse friend Star and the others got a nice new big roll of hay.
Continued my walk down the main street and back home.
I haven't seen anyone else out walking in the morning in such a long time.
Haven't even seen any people outside at all.
Walked 6 miles
💙     💙
I made us some blueberry pancakes for breakfast.
Had some blueberries sitting around and thought putting them in pancakes 
would be a good idea before they went bad.

Mid morning some of the clouds made way for some sun and blue sky. 😊
I walked to the library to drop off a book and also dropped off
the water bill at public works.
 While at the library I had two books in my hand to check out but
put both of them back.  I'm trying to get some of my own books read
and given away so I won't have to move them to the new house.
Started reading one of those today.  The Run by Stuart Woods.

 We went to Brenda's for half price pizza again this week.
We met our son David there.  He started a new second job and
we were celebrating.

Life is Good
Count your blessings and have a happy day.
happyone 💕

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos, I miss my to horses... With my mare I use to show, showmanship,barrel race and goat tie with her...

Sandi said...

Sounds like a fun day! Glad you got to see your son. :)

Sneak Small Moments said...

Blueberrie pancakes sound yummo!

Connie said...

Sounds like you had a perfect day . . . nice walk, visit with your son and blueberry pancakes . . . what's not to love :)

Dianna said...

Sounds like you had a nice day. I know what you mean about not getting more books until you read what you already have. I'm trying to stick to that myself. It sounds as if you had something to celebrate with David getting a new job! Blueberry pancakes sound yummy...I made blueberry muffins yesterday with blueberries from the freezer.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How nice to have him close by to be able to celebrate good times. Hope you have a nice evening and enjoy your book. I haven't read that one so let us know if you like it! Hugs, Diane

Tom said...

...a bit of sun goes along ways!

ellen b said...

How fun to celebrate with your son and at half price, too! :)

Aritha V. said...

Mjammie: blueberry pancakes

Henny Penny said...

Seems like there has been rain everywhere lately. We sure appreciate a sunny day. It looks pretty there. I just enjoyed the pictures of your new house on your last post. It's looking pretty..and big!

Adam said...

Pancakes sound good