Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, February 23, 2018

Foggy Morning

This morning when I started walking it was 37 degrees and cloudy.
Things were wet and it felt like rain at any minute but it never rained on me.
Little fog around too.
Walked through town and up Barn Sale Rd a ways.  All the cows were
still sleeping in the field when I walked by.
One stood up and then the others followed.
Walked down toward Happy Trails and then back to town.
Around both cemeteries and the ball park and through town again and home.

Even more geese at the town pond, I guess about 25 of them now.
Saw the first Robin.  Spring is on the way.

Another morning that the rain held off so I didn't have to walk in the rain.
Walked 6 miles

💙     💙
We've just been home today not doing much of anything.
I read quite a lot.
Our son, David stopped by.
He decided to relocate here to Garrett county, Maryland.
He found a job and has moved into the cabin that we built up at Happy Trails.
So nice having him close by for a while.
The cabin is 1/4 mile from our new house.

A quiet day around home and now a quiet evening also.
Life is Good
Count your blessings and have a happy day.
happyone  💕

15 comments:

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

I love robins, sweet little things. It’s good to have a quiet day, restful xx

Anonymous said...

OH! I LOVE Fog, and I love your photos :-)
To me when it is foggy, it is peaceful, I do not know why but it puts me at peace,and makes me smile ...

Sandi said...

:) happy to hear your son is staying nearby.

We have 2 boys, 11 and 13, but I hope they do this when they are grown. :)

Henny Penny said...

I like that foggy picture. It must be nice having your son close by.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love those foggy scenes. Yes,sunshine is beautiful as well, but the fog adds a special element to the pictures.

Tom said...

...foggy and beautiful.

ellen b said...

How nice to have your son close by! Hope you have a good weekend.

Jagoda Smith said...

Beautiful fog pictures; today I will have a day of reading, too :))).

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's great to have your son nearby.

God bless.

Adam said...

I had a feeling spring was coming early

eileeninmd said...

Hello, we have a fog around this morning. It is great you will have your son nearby all the time now. Happy weekend to you!

Pom Pom said...

How nice to have David close by! I'm glad spring is on its way!

Christine said...

Foggy mornings are picturesque too!
Great that your son has a job & moved so close!

Vee said...

Oh how good to have your son closer! Fun that you woke the cows and got their morning started.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

So wonderful you're turning all green and beautiful. We're still ugly brown and drowning in rain here in NE Texas.