Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Tuesday

⛄     ⛄
Snow came back today and I had a beautiful snowy walk this morning.
 17 degrees and a little windy.
Didn't leave till 7:15 when it was a little lighter.
Snow too deep to walk with my snow sneakers so had to walk in my snow
boots.  Walked down the driveway and when I got to the road it was a bit
slippery and I slipped a couple of times so went back inside and put my
ice grippers on my boots.  That worked great and I didn't slip again.
Walked through town trying to stay out of the way of the snow plows.
Made a couple loops around the cemeteries and the ball park loop,
back around town and home.
Can't walk as fast in snow boots and the snow was deep in places around
the cemeteries. 
No one else out walking.
Walked  4.7 miles.
 ⛄     ⛄
We started another puzzle this morning.
This one is a 1000 pieces and it is a map of Maryland.

Snowed on and off all day with breaks of sunshine scattered throughout the day.
Went outside after lunch and shoveled the driveway. 
Ken didn't feel like snow blowing so I just shoveled.

It was bowling day so we left mid afternoon for our usual
3 games of bowling.  There were 5 of us bowling today.
My games were
121
170
172
🎳
After bowling we all went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant.
It was a nice day but good to be home now.
Looking forward to sitting in my chair and reading.

Count your blessings and have a happy day.
happyone  💕
Today I'm thankful for:
  • A beautiful snowy walk
  • Being married to Ken for the past 46 years!! It's great sharing life with my best friend.  We kid around saying and 43 of the years have been happy ones. 😊   
  • Bowling with friends

12 comments:

Sandi said...

43 though...even joking around that's pretty good! ;-)

4.7 miles in the snow! You inspire me!

Dianna said...

When we went to bed last night the pavement out front of the house was wet from where it had rained. But when we got up this morning there was probably about 4-5 inches of white surrounding us. Carroll took the truck over the mountain to work and it took him a bit longer this morning as a tractor trailer had jack-knifed going down the mountain. I always pray for him when he leaves in the mornings...especially when it is bad out. It looks as if you may have gotten a little more snow than we did, but then you are a little bit higher elevation than we are.

GREAT scores in your bowling games today!

Carroll and I will celebrate 46 years of marriage in March...the day before his second eye surgery. Isn't it wonderful spending every day with your best friend!

xo...I've not forgotten your soap.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You really are a good bowler! WOW! And I'm glad you are feeling well enough to make your walks. Take care of yourself and thanks for the photos! The snow looks beautiful...from afar! Hugs, Diane

Happy@Home said...

So glad to know that you are feeling better and back to blogging and walking.
Those are some pretty impressive bowling scores.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The snow makes everything look clean again.Enjoy the time you can have together,itnis precious.

Tom said...

...how quickly I forget! Stay warm.

ellen b said...

You improved with each game. Glad your grippers kept you from slipping.

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice to have a little snow again - same here.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

We've been wishing for snow this year, but only got a few flurries one day. Instead we're freezing every other week with temps down to 8 degrees here in NE Texas. Nice bowling scores! Even the first one would be a good one for me.

Adam said...

That's a lot of snow

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I shoveled our driveway yesterday too. But, we did not have as much snow as you had there. Wow, your bowling scores are awesome! I love Mexican food, YUM! Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

Lisa said...

Glad to see you feeling better and back at it.
I love Mexican food too!
Lisa