Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, January 29, 2018

Heavy frost

🐞     🐞
All our snow is gone for now but there was such a heavy frost this morning
that it looked as if it snowed.
 Up and out the door by 6:45.
23 degrees but no wind.  Sun wasn't up yet but I did see it before 
I was back home.
Walked through town, around both cemeteries a couple of times
and around the ball park loop a couple of times too.
Back through town and home.
It was a 5 mile walk.  I think I'll be walking 5 miles this week and then
next week I'll be back to my normal 6.
Didn't see anyone else out walking, nor did I see any animals either.
 🐞     🐞
After breakfast we drove over to Uniontown, Pa.  There is both a 
Lowe's and a Home Depot there and we wanted to check out both
stores for some door knobs and lights for the new house.
We got the front door knobs and the knobs for the door from
the garage into the house and other one for the pedestrian garage door
out the back.
Found lights we liked too for by the front door and both
French doors.

We decided to go out to Brenda's for supper.  Didn't get pizza though,
I got a cheese calzone which was huge so I just ate half of it.
Nice to be home now in a nice warm house and I think I'll
go and read awhile.

Count your blessings and have a happy day.
happyone  💕

Today I am thankful for:
  • A warm house
  • No wind
  • Sunshine (even if it was for just a short while)

11 comments:

Tom said...

...frost can make for some wonderful pictures.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The frost covered plants look wonderful. Frost turns almost everything into a work of art.

The Furry Gnome said...

Hoarfrost is always beautiful.

Adam said...

Too cold for me

Vee said...

You be the comeback kid! 🤓 Already back to five miles. I have never eaten a calzone. They look like a folded pizza and that’s a lot of dough. Calzone for somebody’s lunch today.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the frost images are beautiful. We have not seen a frost like this yet, we are getting some snow today. The calzone sounds yummy! Enjoy your day!

Christine said...

Love those frosty scenes! The plant in your first photo makes for a great shot!
So thankful for a warm home too!

ellen b. said...

Frost really does make for beautiful photos. Good idea to ease back into your 6 miles. Sounds like a good productive day.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It was very cold and frosty here in the UK too. This winter is lasting a bit longer this year.

Keep warm. God bless.

John M said...

I like the last photo but I can't make out what it is.

happyone said...

It's part of an electric fence.