Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Beautiful morninig sky

A beautiful sunrise this morning.
Couldn't decide which picture I liked best so here's all three of them.


⛄     ⛄
Only 9 degrees this morning at 7:00 when I left on my morning walk.
No wind and I had on my super warm coat so it was a great walk and I stayed
nice and warm.
Today I wore my snow sneakers with ice grippers.
Walked all around town where I could, mostly up and down the side roads.
The main road has no shoveled sidewalks so I stayed off that road.
The ball park and the cemeteries had too deep snow for my sneakers so 
couldn't walk there either.
But I did manage to get in a 5 mile walk.
No other people about walking but did see quite a lot of animal tracks again.
After the beautiful sunrise the clouds took over and that was the last of
the sun I saw.
⛄     ⛄
Stayed home this morning and got some laundry done and some
house cleaning too.

By afternoon the sun peeked out from behind the clouds every so often.

Spent some time this afternoon reading and should finish my book later this evening.

For supper I made Baked Ziti.  It has been a while since I've
made it and was good to have it again.  Easy to make too.

Will be leaving for church in just a little bit.
Count your blessings and have a happy day.
happyone  💕
This day I'm thankful for:
  • My morning walk and the beautiful sunrise
  • A super warm coat and ice grippers 

11 comments:

Christine said...

Glad you shared all three of those gorgeous skies!

Tom said...

...what a sky!

Dianna said...

What a gorgeous sunrise, Karen. I can understand why you couldn't decide which picture to put up...they all are just beautiful. I'm glad you were able to get out and walk this morning.

Ruth Hiebert said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! That sunrise is awesome.

The Furry Gnome said...

Super sunrise shots!

Adam said...

Very pretty sky

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your sunrise photos are gorgeous. What a beautiful sight to see on your walk. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Ruta M. said...

What a beautiful sunrise for your morning walk. We had some pink clouds this morning.

ellen b said...

Whoa! The early bird gets the worm and you captured this beauty! Amazing. Glad you are feeling better.

Vee said...

Gorgeous pics of that sunrise. Thank you for using all three!

Rose said...

Wow, have to take time to comment on the sunrise photos...they are all gorgeous. Right now the middle one is my favorite, but I bet if you asked me tomorrow I would pick a different one. LOL