Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, January 09, 2018

Knitting, windows, and a picture

We left first thing this morning to go down to Howard County
which is about a 3 hour drive for an appointment.
It was 29 degrees here with snow around.
Down the mountain the snow disappeared and when we got there
the temperature was 48 degrees and sunny.  
We even took our coats off.
 Ken dropped me off at a friends house and he went to his appointment.
My friend is going through a hard time and I stopped by to 
cheer her up. 😊 We had a nice visit.
Ken picked me up when he was finished and we stopped at
Pot Belly for a late lunch and then headed back home.
I brought along some knitting to do during the car ride 
and made 1 1/2 dish/wash clothes.  
 A friend of mine just moved into a new house yesterday
and I'm going to finish up the one and mail them off to her
for a little house warming gift.
On the way home we stopped at the building site to check things out.
The first window has been installed.
It is in the basement.
The outside of the window is a brick red like the one below
as are all the windows in the house.
The mail brought a happy surprise today.
My two youngest grandchildren's school pictures.
Japhy on the left who is in the 7 grade and will be 11 tomorrow.
Scout on the right and is in the 9 grade and is 14.
They have changed so much since I last saw them.
That's it for today.
They day has flown by.
BTW - I did put ice cream on the apple crisp yesterday. 😊

Count your blessings and have a happy day.
happyone  💕

21 comments:

Rose said...

I love seeing your grandchildren...I hope you get to see them soon. It sounds like they live too far to get in a quick visit.
I love the color of the windows...

And you probably did your friend a world of good to stop by for a visit.

ellen b said...

How nice to get school photos of your growing grands! I like that outer color of your window frames.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That apple crisp and ice-cream sound so yummy.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Barn red windows! Can't wait to see how those all turn out.

Adam said...

At the age, even a year's time can change a kid a lot. I miss those days.

doodles n daydreams said...

So good to see the house coming on. And lovely photos of your grandchildren, they are such a blessing :)

Diana

Tom said...

...I have a dinner date tonight with my 14-year-old granddaughter.

Sandi said...

Your new house is going to beautiful!

Dianna said...

I'm glad you were able to stop and visit with your friend. I'm certain it cheered her up. Being with you has that effect on people. :)

Love the windows for the new house!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I am sure your friend appreciated your visit. Nice photos of your grandchildren. I like the red window color. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

Happy@Home said...

Such nice photos of Scout and Japhy. I remember them as little kids and now they are looking so grown up. You have the true gift of friendship. I know a visit from you and a handmade dish cloth in the mail would be day brighteners for sure. I know this from personal experience :) and feel blessed for it.

happyone said...

What a nice thing to say. Thank you, my friend.

happyone said...

Aren't you nice to say that!! Thank You.

happyone said...

You are lucky to be able to do that. Mine lives far away. Hope you enjoyed you dinner date. : )

happyone said...

Haven't seen them in quite a while. They live in Georgia for now, just moved from Oklahoma. Their step dad is in the air force and they move around a lot.

Lisa said...

You have pretty grandchildren. I hate they live so far away from you but glad they keep in touch. Your friend is gonna love the washcloths.
Lisa

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

What a sweet housewarming gift! So good to have good visits.......it certainly brightens one's day!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Hope this finds you staying warm! What a sweet housewarming gift!

Henny Penny said...

Don't you love getting pictures of the grandchildren! Both of them are so cute. Does the grandson favor you some? Seems like I see something in his sweet smile that reminds me of you. I love the color of the windows.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely photo's of your grandchildren ...

All the best Jan

Debby Ray said...

Darling grandchildren! And those are best dish cloths...I have a few and I love them.