Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Windows with a view

This cute little red house is along one of my walk routes.
Have taken pictures of it before.
I think it looks so cute and pretty in the snow.
⛄     ⛄
It was above freezing during the day yesterday so some melting going
on but then it all froze again during the night.
Didn't walk first thing this morning because the ice was patchy and I wouldn't
be able to see where the ice was.  Not enough ice to wear my ice grippers
because there were more places without ice.

By the time it was light and was above freezing I went outside and cleared
the driveway of the left over slush and ice.
Still couldn't go for my walk because now I had to be home waiting for a
delivery.  (part of the stove they forgot to deliver last week)

Ken was up at the building site working.
He came home for lunch and then went back while I waiting around
for the delivery.  I read while I waited - my book is very good.
The delivery finally came 2:45 and I then got to leave on my
walk.  A walk around town and one of the cemeteries where the path
was cleared of snow.
The weather was beautiful - sunny and 45 - it felt like a spring day.
 Ken took these pictures up at the house today for me.
 Ronnie installed some windows and the front door today.
These are the living room windows and Ronnie is in the process of
putting in the front door in the picture.
This is the view from inside the house.
I'm so glad we took his advice and decided to put in two windows.
It will be nice and bright with a great view.
I am so looking forward to the day when we move in.
 Count your blessings and have a happy day.
happyone 💕

15 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes, the red house does look very attractive.

Really love how your new house is coming along, those two windows are brilliant and give such a great view.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...oh how I like the divided lits at the top of the windows, a nice arts and crafts touch.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Love your view! wow.

Rose said...

That is going to be a wonderful corner to work a puzzle!!! That house in the first shot looks perfect to dress in white.

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice view out those windows! That's gonna be exciting.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That view you will have is amazing. I want to live in that little red house.it's cute.

Adam said...

looks like a house in a Christmas movie on Hallmark

Ruta M. said...

Lovely view whatever the season. We're in the middle of having our new windows put in, sitting room and doors to the conservatory and possibly my study today then finishing off and the kitchen tomorrow.

bettyC said...

Your new house is beautiful

Happy@Home said...

What a beautiful view you will have from those two windows. Your house is really starting to take shape now.
The little red house looks charming all covered in snow. The perfect Christmas house.

Christine said...

Oh that is a cute wee red cottage & even more sweet in the snow!
I love your double aspect Windows & the great views!

ellen b said...

Those are pretty windows and a nice pair to look out onto your great view. That wee cottage is very cute surrounded by snow!

Debby Ray said...

I love the little red house and it reminded me that I will miss my little red house when we move...sniff, sniff. I really like the design of your windows...and THAT VIEW is gorgeous! I know how excited you must be getting!

Henny Penny said...

I love the little red house. It looks like something from a storybook. I also love your new windows and that great view. Oh, it's just beautiful!!

CountryMum said...

The little red house is quite cute.
That is some view you have!. Wow! Will be magical when you move in.