Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, January 28, 2018

The Difference

The Difference by Arthur George Twill

I got up early one morning and rushed right out into the day:
I had so much to accomplish, that I didn't have time to pray.

Problems, just tumbled about me and heavier came each task,
"Why doesn't God help me," I wondered.
He answered, "You didn't ask."

I wanted to see joy and beauty, but the day toiled on gray and bleak.
I wondered, "Why God didn't show me."
He answered, "You didn't seek."

I tried to come into God's presence, I used all the keys in the lock.
God gently and lovingly chided, "My child you didn't knock."

I woke up early this morning and paused before entering the day:
I had so much to accomplish that I had to take time to pray.



A Blessed Sunday to you my friends.
Isn't wonderful to know Jesus Loves US!!
happyone  💕

11 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

This is a brilliant poem/prayer. I like it.

Knowing my luck, if I knock on the door it will open outwards and hit me in the face!

God bless you.

Carol W. said...

Wonderful poem ... and so true! Glad you're feeling better! God bless you!

Michelle said...

A wonderful poem! Have a blessed week ahead!

Tom said...

...good advise.

Sandi said...

Makes ya think!

The Furry Gnome said...

We think we found a church here in Meaford that we'll attend, at least for now.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the poem. I do think you can pray any time of the day and anywhere!
Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

happyone said...

So important to find a good church. Hope this is the one for you. : )

happyone said...

I agree!! God tells us in I Thessalonians, To pray without ceasing.
I talk to God a lot throughout the day. : )

Breathing In Grace said...

Great advice! Happy Monday to you! 😊

Christine said...

I have a plaque in my kitchen which says, ' A day hemmed in prayer never unravels."
So true!
God bless you, this week!