Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, January 03, 2018

A delivery

Walked laps inside the house.
I went outside for a while around in the yard just to get some
fresh air and sunshine.
⛄     ⛄
We waited home today for a delivery of our gas fire place stove.
Had it delivered here at the house instead of at the building site so
we didn't have to wait up there in the cold.
They gave us a time between 9AM - 5:00PM. 
A little after 12:00 an 18 wheeler stopped at the house and the driver
brought our stove up the driveway.
I was going to take a picture of the stove but by the time I got out in the
garage Ken had checked it out and it was back in the box.
⛄     ⛄
My oven is a self cleaning one and today I turned it on and once
again the oven is nice and clean.
It sure takes a long time - 4 hours and 20 minutes.
It smelled a bit but wasn't too bad.
While that was going on I gave all my counter tops a thorough cleaning.
 ⛄     ⛄
Did a little reading and continued knitting on my slippers.

That's about it for today.

Count your blessings and have a happy day.  😊
happyone  💕

15 comments:

Tom said...

...R&L Carriers are in our area too!

Pom Pom said...

It sounds like it's cold! I'm glad you are staying warm, Karen.

Sandi said...

You're knitting slippers?? Post pictures!

Henny Penny said...

Well you got a good picture of the driver and the truck. I mean that. I love the view. You live in such a pretty place! R&L Carriers might like to use that picture in an ad. :)

Adam said...

that's a big truck,

Christine said...

What a lovely bright sunny day! I'm sure the delivery guy was glad you had shovelled all that snow off the driveway!

Prunella Pepperpot said...

I have a self cleaning oven too.
What a huge delivery truck!!!!!!!!!!!
Hopefully it wont be long before you can get out and about walking again :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, that is a big truck for your fire place stove. It looks cold there too, we are getting some snow this morning. Stay warm and safe. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Sue said...

How exciting to be getting near the finish line. I am sorry it has been so cold, we are having very unusual cold temps. but nothing like you are having. Self cleaning ovens are so nice.
I read previous posts, enjoyed them as well. Since Oct. 16, I have started a lifestyle change with exercising being the main thing. I set my fit bit to 10,000 steps and it has been a challenge I must say. You have been such an inspiration to me, when I walk and I seem to want to quit, I think of how many miles you walk each day so I carry on.
Thank you for your friendship and for your encouraging comments.
Wishing you the happiest new Years.
Blessings,
Sue

ellen b said...

That would have been cold to wait at the work site. Glad it came in good shape and at noon.

Debby Ray said...

Deliveries are always fun! Things are moving right along, it sounds! Stay warm!

happyone said...

Thank you for your kind words. Happy I can be a help to keep you walking. : )

Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan said...

Happy New Year!!
May this New Year be special in every way ... bringing you the gift of love and excitement.
I will introduce Japanese New Year's customs.
In Japan, there is a New Year holiday where family and relatives get together.
On New Year, Japanese children receive gifts of money known as "Otoshidama".
Otoshidama is given to children by adult relatives such as uncles, aunts and grandparents.
The amount of Otoshidama grows as the child older, for example, 1000 yen for children under 10, and 3000 yen for children over 10.
Otoshidama is one of the exciting traditions of New Year, which children look forward to very much.
Ryoma.

Lowcarb team member said...

Self cleaning ovens are wonderful ...

All the best Jan

Rose said...

We are on the same wavelength...sort of. I was thinking with this cold it would be an excellent time to clean the oven. But I haven't done it. And I have been thinking I should start a thorough cleaning of the kitchen. But thinking is all I have done....that is what I mean by 'sort of' on the same wave length. LOL