Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Glittery snow

⛄     ⛄
Another cold morning (-4) and another day of no morning walk.
Late morning I did go outside again and take the inch or so of snow that
fell since yesterday off the driveway.  Not enough for the snow blower
and I like that I'm able to get some outside steps in as I shovel the snow..
So nice that the sun was shining too.
It is one of those days when it is so cold that it looks
like there is glitter in the air and the air is sparkly.
The snow looks like someone sprinkled glitter all over it.
So pretty.

After lunch we went food shopping and from there to bowling.
There were 6 of us bowling today.
My scores for today were
151
103
121
A good game, a not so good game and an average one.
 From bowling the 5 of us went out for supper.

Just finished putting the groceries away.
It was cold enough out that we didn't have to worry about any 
food going bad and in fact the olive oil almost froze!

Finished knitting one of my slippers today and will start on the second one
in just a little while.
That's it for today.

Count your blessings and have a happy day.
happyone  💕
Today I'm thankful for:
Sunshine and glittery snow
Bowling and eating out with friends

20 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The weather is bitter in most of the country. I'm glad you got to bowl today though! That sounds like fun. Enjoy your evening! Hugs!

Dianna said...

I love it when the snow and air "glitter"...so pretty and peaceful. Our bird feeder looks like a landing strip at an airfield because of the constant coming and going of our sweet feathered friends when the weather is so cold. I love watching them. The woodpeckers have really been working out on the suet cakes also. Stay warm, my friend. :)

Tom said...

...WOW, you were colder and I thought that we were cold. Stay warm!

Connie said...

That lone tree looks so peaceful and you can just feel the stillness.
I love glittery winter days, too . . . so beautiful.
Happy New Year!
Connie :)

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Love the photo of the lone tree. You sure live in a beautiful area.

The Furry Gnome said...

You've got it about as cold as we do!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love that look when the air seems full of sparkles.

Adam said...

very pretty picture

Prunella Pepperpot said...

It does look very cold but very beautiful. Have a cosy day :)

Lisa said...

The glittery snow is beautiful. -4 is cold!
Hope you post a photo of the slippers when your finished.
Lisa

Christine said...

It looks so pretty but I don't fancy the freezing cold - presently we've just weathered Storm Eleanor which blew over our fence and the heavy rain has caused flooding in areas.
Have a great day whatever the weather!

Happy@Home said...

Glittery snow is so pretty. I tend to hibernate in cold weather. You are doing good to get out there and clear snow and go bowling.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the glittery snow sounds pretty. I wish this cold weather would end, it is too cold. The photo with the tree is lovely. Have a happy day and week ahead!

happyone said...

Yes, I'll post the picture of the slippers when I'm done.

Sandi said...

So glittery!

We are supposed to finally get snow here this afternoon or tonight. My one year-old great-nephew is visiting us. I am taking him back to mommy at 3:00, but if snows before then we may keep him a while longer! :-)

Debby Ray said...

Such a glorious photo! I want some. :D Stay warm, my friend!

Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan said...

ARIGATOU(Thank you so much!!)
I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday and a prosperous new year!
On Japanese New Year ‘s customs;
Adults put money in a special envelope and give it to children.
This is called “otoshidama” and many children look forward to it very much!
Ryoma.

ellen b said...

Now that is cold. Good idea to limit your outdoor activity.

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes, it looks cold ... but beautiful.

All the best Jan

Rose said...

Oh, I know your slippers are not in this post, but I meant to tell you I liked them!