Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, January 04, 2018

Slippers

⛄     ⛄
When I first got up this morning I walked some house laps.

Then I went about making supper for tonight.
Spinach and Bean Soup.
It' one of Ken's favorite suppers and he tasted it throughout the day.

Also made a new recipe.
We pulled a piece off as soon as it was cool enough to touch and before
I took a picture.  This stuff is delicious.
Had to mail a card and I decided to walk to the post office to mail it.
Bundled up in my nice warm coat, put on my snow boots and went outside 
where it was snowing, windy, and the temperature was 12 degrees. 
I planned on taking the long way to the post and then coming right back.
Well, once I got outside and walking I just kept on going.
Didn't get a long walk in but did walk about 3 miles. 
Takes a bit longer to walk in snow boots than my regular walking shoes.
Here I've just left the post office and headed to the cemetery up the hill.
 At the cemetery.
For a couple of minutes the sun filtered through the clouds.
It was wonderful to be outside walking but I did have to be careful of
cars and ice under the snow.  I stayed off the main street.
My new warm winter coat sure did it's job!!  Kept me toasty warm!!

I finished knitting my slippers.
I published the pattern back in 2009 and here's the link if
you want the pattern. Pattern states to use number 5 needles but
I made the slippers this time using number 6 needles.


Well, I'm getting hungry so I'm off now to eat some soup and bread
for supper.

Count your blessings and have a happy day.
happyone  💕

19 comments:

Sandi said...

LOVE the slippers!

I am impressed you walked 3 miles in that! (Less impressed people were out driving in it...)

ellen b said...

Perfect time for those slippers! Well done on those snowy miles you put in. I'm going over to look at the recipe for those delicious looking rolls!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the slippers.

Soup on a cold day is perfect!

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...you look like you are living in the same snow globe that I am. Stay warm.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Hoping to find the soup and bread recipes. That snow sure looks unwelcoming. I'm always impressed by your stick to it ness!

Nellie said...

What delicious looking bread! I'm amazed that you headed out in that snow for a walk! It helps when you have proper boots and warm coats, though! xo Nellie

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love those snowy scenes.I'm waiting for more snow to fall here's we can see beauty like that.

Rose said...

Don't know where to begin...I love your photos! Looks like it feels here...so chilly. Supposed to warm up Sunday. I will believe it when I see it.

The bread sounds delicious.

Glad you could get part of your walk in...I bet it felt god to be out.

The Furry Gnome said...

Neat slippers!

Adam said...

I can imagine our super winter is even more severe where you are

shayndel said...

Looks so beautiful and wintery there in the snow!!
I like your slippers too!!
Blessings!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your snowy scenes are beautiful. I like your cute slippers. The bread looks yummy. Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend!

Lisa said...

I dont how you do it...Walk 3 miles in the snow. I can barely make it to the end of the driveway before Im running back in the house.
The slippers are adorable and look great on you.
Lisa

Diane said...

I am wearing a pair of those slippers right now made several years ago with the pattern you shared. 💕
Blessings ,
Diane

Leslie said...

Perfect slippers!!! And gorgeous photos. (I'm going to give that camera a try. Ty)

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Sooo cold! Your 1st photo looks like a sketch!
I love your slippers and will certainly have a go at knitting them. Thank you so much for sharing the pattern.
Have a wonderful weekend :)

Debby Ray said...

Your slippers look so cozy and warm...just perfect to wear as you eat your yummy soup and rolls! Loved your beautiful snowy photos, especially the one in your header.

Debby Ray said...

I meant the first photo of the trees, although the header is beautiful too! :D

Diane said...

I made several pairs of the slippers a few years ago using your pattern. Thanks for sharing it!