Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, December 04, 2017

Barn Collective

Linking up with Tom for the Barn Collective.
๐Ÿšœ     ๐Ÿšœ
This morning was clear, with little wind and a temperature of 33 degrees.
 David came along with me on my walk today and yesterday too.
We left at 6:30 and sunrise was at 7:22.

Walked straight through town and up Sale Barn.
Down toward Happy Trails, back to town, around both cemeteries
and the ball park loop.

Didn't see anyone else out walking.
While talking with David and pointing things out to him I forgot to
take any pictures!

We walked 6.4 miles
๐Ÿšถ     ๐Ÿšถ
Ken up at the house site again early this morning and was gone
by the time I was back from walking.

I've gotten a couple of Christmas cards and although I
haven't done mine yet, I did get a start by writing out the list today.
Don't send many out anymore.

I like Monday's.
Half price pizza at Brenda's.
Off we go.

A happy day to you.
happyone  ๐ŸŽˆ

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it
is like wrapping a present and not giving it."
~ William A Ward
Our house in the woods.  Picture taken Saturday

9 comments:

Tom said...

...Karen, I love the first barn with the rusty roof and silo. Thanks so much for joining The Barn Collective, I hope to see you again.

Christine said...

Two great barn collections & I like the winding track behind the farm in the second photo!
How nice to have David walk with you!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How nice to walk together..it makes the time go fast. We hiked yesterday but didn't go that far! Hugs!

Ruth Hiebert said...

So good that you can go for walks with David.

Rose said...

Nice barn pics, and your house is coming right along. Looking real good.

Adam said...

really does show how rural your new house is

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty scenic views of the barns. It is great that your son is going on the walks with you. We cut back on cards and presents ever since I retired. Enjoy your day, we are expecting rain today!

ellen b said...

Great barn and a good shot of your house in the woods!

Lea said...

Beautiful country!