Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, December 03, 2017

Away in a Manger

This was one of the first Christmas songs I learned as a child 
and it remains my favorite.

Away in a Manger

Away in a manager,
No crib for His bed
The little Lord Jesus
Laid down His sweet head.
The stars in the the sky 
Looked down where He lay
The little Lord Jesus
Asleep on the hay.

The cattle are lowing,
The poor Baby wakes,
But little Lord Jesus,
No crying He makes.
I love Thee, Lord Jesus, 
Look down from the sky,
And stay by my cradle till morning is nigh.

Be near me, Lord Jesus
I ask Thee to stay
Close by me forever
And love me I pray
Bless all the dear children
In They tender care
And take us to heaven
To live with Thee there.


A Happy and Blessed Sunday to you.
Jesus Love You.
happyone 💗

12 comments:

Tom said...

...most children learned this at a young age, it's beautiful.

Connie said...

It's my favorite, too. I feel so loved and watched over when I sing the lyrics, Be near me, Lord Jesus I ask Thee to stay close by me forever :)

Prunella Pepperpot said...

I loved singing this as a child. Have a wonderful Sunday :)

Rose said...

I think it means more to me now than when young...I will say that I so love Joy To The World...it was always my favorite as a kid and it still makes me happy to hear it.

Michelle said...

Wishing you a blessed Sunday and week ahead.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I love that song too! It's what Christmas is all about. I also love that quote by Groucho Marx. I choose to be happy every day!
hugs,
Jann

doodles n daydreams said...

This was my grandfather's favourites, he would request it from the Salvation Army band when they came around doing their Christmas carolling. I like it too, it's so lovely and gentle.

Diana

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it is a favorite of mine. Very pretty song. Happy Monday, have a happy day and great new week ahead!

Blogoratti said...

Really beautiful to read.

Christine said...

Even though it's a children's Carol, the words contain precious truth!

Debby Ray said...

Such a precious Christmas carol...always has been one of my favorites!

ellen b said...

One of my favorites and I listed it on my post for tomorrow.