Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, December 07, 2017

A later walk

This morning I decided to wait and walk when it was light outside.
Ken drove up to the house site at 7:45 and I went in the truck with him.
I hadn't been to see the house for a while and wanted to take a look.

The stairs from the house down to the basement are in now.
Ronnie did a great job making them.

This picture is the walk out of the basement.
Retaining walls are finished.
Ken will eventually put stone on it.  We sure have enough of them
laying all over around.
 Ken is there today doing more back filling of stone around the foundation.
I stayed just long enough to get a look and then left on my walk.
Took a few pictures along the way.
Just before I took this picture three deer ran from the right
to the left across the street.  Too fast for me to get a picture of them.
The truck of stone passed by me on the way to the building site 
and I turned around and took a picture of it.
Back to the main road here walking up the hill on my way to town.
Once back to town I walked around the two cemeteries a couple of times.
The two horses were happily eating again.
Lisa was out running this morning, but still no sign of Cathy.

Walked 6.3 miles
🎄     🎄
Got a good bit of house cleaning done today.
Thought about putting up the tree and that is as far as I got.

Ken came home lunch time and asked if I wanted to go out and
get a sub at subway.  I said yes and we did. 😊

Enjoyed some reading time this afternoon.

A happy day to you.
happyone 🍭

"Winter is the season in which people try to keep 
the house as warm as it was in the summer,
when they complained about the heat."
~ unknown

11 comments:

Christine said...

I wonder if the deer were as surprised to see you!
A lovely morning for your walk!

Tom said...

...you sure live a nice area, today you would have been walking in the snow up here!

Rose said...

Looks like a wonderful walk...I hope nothing is wrong with Cathy and that she has just changed her time of exercising or is busy.

The Furry Gnome said...

Wish I could be there to see the house building up close!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

I've been wondering how the house was coming along. Thanks for the visuals! You have such a pretty surrounding area around that new house of yours, you may never want to leave home.

Adam said...

I haven't seen a deer in quite some time now

ellen b said...

Fun to have those deer run by. That quote at the end is cracking me up!

Lisa said...

Your such an early bird! Im not hardly out of bed at 7:45. Its just too cold to get moving and I have to go into work at 8:30. Im usually late but noone notices. Ha.
Lisa

Vee said...

House coming right along! A sub at Subway sounds good about now...

I just finished with the tree today. I’m about two weeks behind for me. It’s okay. I’m keeping it simple this year.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Great photos. Your new home will be so wonderful.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

How exciting, your new home is really beginning to take shape!!!
Have a fabulous weekend :)