Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, December 06, 2017

A good report

🎄     🎄
A good morning for wearing my new warm coat.
It was 23 degrees with a bit of a wind when I left at 6:30.
Sunrise was at 7:24.
Walked 6 miles

Started off walking the roads behind my house, then through town,
around both cemeteries, the ball park loop and around town again.

No animals did I see nor people out walking.
Sure glad I had my nice warm coat.  It was worth every penny I spent on it.
🎄     🎄
Ran out of oatmeal so made blueberry pancakes for breakfast.

Ken and I walked over to the bank.
A bit later we walked to the dentist with the cookies in hand.
My checkup and cleaning went great.
Only took 20 minutes and now I'm set for another 6 months.
What a wonderful feeling that is!!  
Ken's appointment got cancelled and had to be rescheduled
because Natisha the hygienist had a family emergency and had to leave.

Cleaned out a few more drawers.  That takes more time than you realize.

Started writing out some Christmas cards.
Not many but at least I got a start on them.

A happy day to you.
happyone 🍭

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts.
Untie the ribbons."
~ Ruth Ann Schabacker

12 comments:

Tom said...

...the dentist is a favorite for me.

Christine said...

So cold looking but pretty too!
Glad all is well & you can still eat cookies!

Rose said...

Do you have a rule you follow while cleaning out your drawers. An example is if you haven't used it in 6 monthes, you toss it/donate it? I always wonder how other people make the decisions.

Adam said...

I bet you need a nice coat where you are

The Furry Gnome said...

The right clothes for the weather makes all the difference.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, glad you had a good report from the Dentist. A warm coat for these cold morning is necessary. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

happyone said...

No, I don't have any rules. I just make it up as I go along.

M.K. said...

Sounds like chilly walking up your way! Blueberry pancakes are delicious any morning :) It's true that moving, esp. nearby, is so time-consuming. Hopefully you'll be staying in your new home a long time.

happyone said...

This is our dream home so it is here we will stay, Lord willing.

Rose said...

That is how I operate, too...but now I still need to thin down things in this house and it is hard to do. And honest to goodness, there have been a couple times I got rid of things that had not been used in years and turned around and wanted them within a week.

I am not trying to dispose of stuff for any reason other than to save our girls some headaches when something happens to both of us.

ellen b said...

Oh yes, I understand the cleaning out of drawers and the fact that it can take a while. I've got to start on my Christmas cards!

Vee said...

Being truly lazy this year and sending cards as responses to those I receive. Pitiful.

So glad that you are loving the coat! Being cold is no fun.