Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, November 02, 2017

Roof Trusses

๐Ÿ     ๐Ÿ‚     ๐Ÿ
Once again this morning I was out the door at 6:45 for my walk.
Sunrise wasn't until 7:47 but it was a warm 50 degrees out.
A mix of sun and clouds once the sun came up.

Walked up and down the main road under the street lights and
then down toward Happy Trails.
Ken passed me on the way to the house site
and then a minute later Ronnie passed me.
Thought I might see the Ridgidply Rafter truck going up there too with the
roof trusses but they must have already been up there.
Roof trusses are going up on the house today.

Back to town I met up with Cathy and walked around both cemeteries
with her and when she left I walked around the ball park loop
and then home.
Saw a few rabbits hopping about and some geese in the town pond.

Walked 6.4 miles
๐Ÿ     ๐Ÿ
Ken brought donuts home from the Rolling Pin Bakery in town and I ate one for
breakfast.   Know it isn't such a healthy breakfast but it sure was good.
๐Ÿ˜Š
In the morning I did my chores around the house
and Ken went up to the building site to help with the trusses.

Then after lunch I walked up to Happy Trails to the house site
to see what was happening.
Nice that it is only 2 1/2 miles and I can do that.
Good progress on the house today.
All the roof trusses are up and the plywood is up there ready for the sheathing.
This is the back.
Walking up the driveway.
Porch
 The hole for the septic tank has been dug and the ditch for the pipes
leading up to the drainage area way up in the back has been dug and the pipe
 has been put in.
 The septic tank will be buried tomorrow.

Tomorrow the sheathing should be on and we will have a roof.
Hoping for nice weather.

Back home late afternoon (I rode home with Ken)
I read and made a few weave-it squares for the next baby blanket.

Life is Good
A smile from me to you
happyone ๐Ÿ˜Š

"A hug is an amazing thing
It's just the perfect way
To show the love we're feeling
But can't find the words to say."
~ Johnny Ray Ryder, Jr
Comment replies:
PomPom, Karen - I will LIKE the time change, it will make the mornings lighter.  Then I wish they would leave the time alone!! No more daylight savings time EVER.

LD, Diane - Bedtime for me is between 11 and 11:30 and I get up 6:15.

Rose - There are some winter days that I don't walk.  I have ice grippers for the bottoms of my shoes on icy days, but if it's a sheet of ice outside I don't walk.  When it gets in the single digits I don't walk either. 

16 comments:

Michelle said...

That is some great progress on the house!

Dianna said...

It is so exciting watching the progress on the house with you, Karen! Thank you for the pictures that you take and post so that we can see it go up before our very eyes.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your first photograph you've shared here is gorgeous.
Always pleasing to see the good progress on your new house, it really seems to be coming along so well.

All the best Jan

The Furry Gnome said...

They're making great progress on your house! It looks big!

Adam said...

Just think of it as Wheaties and it's just as healthy

trust me I'm a nutritionist the same way Dr. Pepper is a doctor.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Now it is really beginning to look like a house.

Christine said...

I couldn't have passed on a donut either! lol!
It's going to be a lovely place to sit on that porch !

Tom said...

...it's starting to look like a house!

Cat Lover said...

Hi Karen, your donut looks delicious! Our little bakery in town only lasted 4 or 5 months before closing. The prices were rather expensive!
Love seeing the progress on your new home. It looks so lovely as you walk up your driveway.
Have a good day.

Aritha V. said...

O, a donut. Mjammie.

M.K. said...

We agree with you - no more daylight savings time!! Ah well, they don't listen to us!
Your house is looking great! How fast it goes up! You are such a good walker too. That is healthy exercise.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Oh gosh, your new home is looking wonderful as does that donut!
Have a brilliant weekend :)

ellen b said...

What great progress on the house. It really is becoming defined nicely!

Rose said...

Seems to me the house is growing by leaps and bounds...I love that porch. The donut looks delicious.

o2bhiking said...

Wow, great progress on the house. I know you will love it!

Sandi said...

I was thinking how beautiful the photos were and then I got to, “a septic tank...” Ugh. :) But still beautiful.